Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

iPhone

Evian Cartier
Evian Cartier

Does anyone know how to play Shades of Mystery on the iPhone (Safari doesn't play Flash) or has anyone ever mentioned this to Admin or the Webmasters? If not, is there anything on the horizon?

Cartier

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I think I saw on the news that Adobe decides not to give support for IPhone to use its Flash software. So that's a bit tough...

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

It works on windows mobile & android just fine :)
Iphone is only 1,1 \% of the phone market.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

It is possible to play it using proxy apps that render the flash on a remote computer and stream the output back to your phone.

Try this one:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20006163-233.html

It's definitely playable on a wifi connection. I wouldn't say it's necessarily FUN, because it's slow and not optimized for that screen size. Probably not too bad on an iPad with a decently fast connection.

I would LOVE to do a mobile optimized version of Sleuth, and native apps built for both android and the iPhone OS. I had my first opportunity to play with an iPad a couple days ago, and it really does feel like the perfect device to play a game like Sleuth on.

If there are any brilliant mobile developers out there who'd like to volunteer their services...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help