Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Mismatched Case

DiGris
DiGris

What do you do when all the proof leads to somebody who's got a real alibi? Seriously, I even went through all the suspects and asked about the people who gave false alibis, and I tabbed to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the crime scene. The only person who even has a shred of evidence against her is a person with a real alibi.

Replies
DiGris
DiGris

Great, and I'm not missing any suspects either. The only person who has a shred of evidence against her is somebody with a real alibi. Impossible case, and I wasted a bunch of my gear.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

how much time do you still have left for the case? if you still have at least 24 - 48 hrs, store it into your case file storage, then have an agency member help you to locate the missing evidence.

ohh, what case level is this?

DiGris
DiGris

except that it was a favor case at Stupendously Hard. Still, I'd uncovered all the suspects. It was just that the case was mismatched with evidence that was supposed to point at the guilty suspect pointing at a different suspect instead.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ohh, favors can't be stored.

well, i suggest you do these:

1) re-visit the crime scene to check if you've missed any PE, but if you're confirm that you didn't miss any PE, then each of these PE must belong to suspects.

2) make sure you look at their profile carefully to narrow them down.

3) if you've collected all the samples from all suspect's house, then the next step is to find a match for each of the PE.

Hope you'll be able to solve the favor.

DiGris
DiGris

All of which I did. All the PE matched one person, that being the one person I knew it couldn't be.

DiGris
DiGris

I had to give up on that favor, or randomly guess. I would like the developers to be aware that there have been cases like this that point all the evidence both witness evidence and physical evidence at a person who cannot be guilty. Perhaps they can figure out what's going wrong.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

There's nothing wrong with the cases generated, its always the player who missed something.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Joseph is correct. In your situation, you missed something.

hmsvictory
hmsvictory

I have the exact situation as DiGris...been looking for ages in the homes....no other suspect uncovered apart from the client and no PE evidence. But the weapon used to kill is at the client's house. though he has a true alibi...

I will check a few times more before quitting.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help