Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Witness Evidence

Tessa F
Tessa F

How dependable is witness evidence? For instance, are witnesses able to provide evidence that may not lead you to the actual killer?

So basically, if I'm lucky enough to find someone to give witness evidence right away in my IH case (which I actually just experienced), does it mean I have found the killer?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@kivaas:

lol...you got it all wrong. Since there's 3 fake alibi suspects with PE matched to them and there's 2 dead suspects, how could:

you ask dead 1 about suspect 1 and 2 (not knowing about 3), while you didn't ask dead 2 about 1, 2 and 3, and accuse blindly on 3?

you'll end up with FA. :P

kivaas
kivaas

no, you won't, I think. I would go for it...

because dead 1 being actually dead means he was a risk for the killer, which means he MUST hold WE against him. Otherwise he would still be alive. And if he does not have WE against 1 and 2, the killer must be number 3.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Joseph, I didn't realise until now that you have adressed to me on this thread. You probably did so because I wrote `if you have ENOUGH evidence to accuse it doesn't matter if it's WE or PE`.

I really can't see how did you get from my words that I suggested to accuse on the bases of 1 or 2 stars of evidence. ENOUGH means 3 stars, but you must agree that they may be either WE, either PE, either PE + WE. That's all I said. Thank you for sharing from your experience, anyway.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@kivaas:
Well, wait till you learn Necromancy and start asking the dead about WE on the killer and if you don't get the WE 100\% of the time, then its not a full-proof solution to think that the dead always have WE against the killer. Remember, the killer can think that the dead suspect maybe have a WE against him/her, hence, he/she (the killer) to a step advance to kill this suspect. Make sense to you? ^_^

@Lu Peste:
You got my meaning wrong again. I was saying that if you do get 3 stars (WE) against someone, does that mean he/she is the killer? That part, I'm not sure, coz all these while, more than 3 stars can be achieve with PE + WE, if all based on WE, I can never get 3 stars (especially if this person doesn't end up to be the killer). That's how the system works.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Joseph, I really don't understand what you want to prove here. It seems pretty clear to me, and that's what I wrote: `if you have a FALSE ALIBI and ENOUGH EVIDENCE (we both agree this means 3 stars) it doesn't matter...` .

Now you're trying to say to me that if I have 3 stars from WE they won't do? Or you're saying that I suggested to accuse a person with a valid alibi? I don't get it.

I know nothing about AI cases and you are probably right about almost everything, but I think you worry too much... if he/she is not the killer, you will probably never get 3 stars and false alibi against that person.

And when did I ever got your meaning wrong, if you would be so kind to enlighten me, because I can not remember any situation as such?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Maybe its just my misunderstanding. Sorry Le Peste.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

I see that you excell in French! I like you much better like this. Way to go!

Patricia Elizabeth
Patricia Elizabeth

Tessa - It's been my experience that if you can get at least one witness to give evidence then you have found the killer and you do not need to track down any other evidence to support your accusation. I do this quite frequently and I haven't been mislead yet.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help