Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

blunt instruments

McHenry
McHenry

where do you go to match a blunt instrument with Crime scene evidence?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Help for Newbies:
http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=6555

Hope this helps. ^_^

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

It is a detective game, and part of it is to figure out how the game works.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Precisely what I was trying to say, Isaac, but no one seem to see an irony... with so many explanations, 'the only mystery will remain WHY I STARTED TO PLAY'. All this lessons are offered to the wrong people, who obviously have nothing in common with this kind of game (otherwise, they would try to find answers themselfs).

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Sisyphus work, as if someone were trying to teach me English. On second thought, there is no wonder that people do not understand what I mean.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

lol...first you said this game should come with a walkthrough, then you said this is a detective game and players should figure it out? lol, aren't you contradicting your own words?

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

No, it's just that you can't see the irony, just like I said... maybe it's because of my poor English.

irony = the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, "How nice!" when I said I had to work all weekend.

Actually, I thought it is obvious for everyone that a detective game SHOULD NOT come with a walkhrough, something which would spoil everithing. Especially you, Joseph, should have noticed that you had to give the same answers hundreds of times, for people hwo played 1-3 games. If you really want to keep those people playing, you will have to explain things in terms like 'go from A to B and talk to C',with some images to make it clear for everyone (that would be a nice walkthrough, but I guess you can see it should not exist).

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

I even explained why I needed the walkthrough: `because it is really very complicated for me to go into every building and see what every character does`. How in the world can such a thing ever be taken for good? I only can imagine that you have read the first words, and you reacted instinctively seeing someone in need of help, without reading the whole post. Otherwise, I should really work on my English skills... I don't suppose you know who's the trainer for this?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ahh, my bad for misunderstanding your true meaning.

LuxCal
LuxCal

My trainer for English was Mrs. Wilson. I'm not sure where she is in-game, though.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Keep looking for her, you might want you money back.

rhetorical question - a question asked merely for effect with no answer expected.

Grandma Simpson and Lisa are singing Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" ("How many roads must a man walk down/Before you call him a man?"). Homer overhears and says, "Eight!"
Lisa: "That was a rhetorical question!"
Homer: "Oh. Then, seven!"
Lisa: "Do you even know what 'rhetorical' means?"
Homer: "Do I know what 'rhetorical' means?"
(The Simpsons, "When Grandma Simpson Returns")

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help