Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

negotiation

Ross Garrett
Ross Garrett

i trained my first level of the negotiation skill yet i did not see any option to use it when i had to bribe townies to give me the info i was looking for...i thought that was the purpose of the skill?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

clever boy ^_^

Missy M.
Missy M.

Thnx for the info; now I concentrate on negotiation and finding the 7 perfumes for the Bank President!

Wes M
Wes M

Save your points for lock picking and analysis points

kivaas
kivaas

@ Missy

every detective has his/her own style, but I think more questioning skills (ch/int) or research (not only for motive, but also to avoid asking townies for whereabouts, just in case exactly these townies are the alibis of your suspects) are useful for ALL cases, while other skills only help for a few.

And in case you have lots of physical evidence (up to IH it never happened to me that there were more than 4 pieces anyway), analysis skills are probably also quite valuable, but you already have at least one of each.

But negotiation is only about saving money - and at your experience level, you probably have enough of it anyway.

One more lockpick will save you 210 dollars (key price in IH) or even more per case - and also save you 1 hour time because you needn't go to the locksmith to buy a key. Negotiation probably does not save you that much, because while on a case it only helps for bribing, and you sometimes don't even need to bribe anybody.

My suggestion would be: 1 more lockpick, then necromancy (by that time you will have the possibility to train it) and then more intimidation skills.

kat00011
kat00011

@ missy

what do you mean finding the perfumes for the bank president?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help