Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Gary Jules
Gary Jules

Where's the updates that you promised, Ben?

Bessie Smith
Bessie Smith

Could we, on annual events like Easter, Christmas or Halloween, get a special offer of hats? I'm tired of my old one :).

Kenzo Starr
Kenzo Starr

It would be great if the threads were sorted by most recent by default and/or there were an option to choose your own sort order (by newest, by oldest, by member name, etc.).

Sorry if this suggestion was made already.

Which leads to another suggestion. How about adding "Likes" to posts so that we can just "Like" posts that were already made instead of double-posting?

Big Joe Morgan
Big Joe Morgan

The skill point has me beat. It just takes to long to get any so that you are able to progress. It needs adjustment so a sleuth can progress in his/her's attributes. Because of this issue I am no longer going to be a subscriber. I will continue to play from time to time. "Something needs to be done about the skill points. It takes to long to get any!!!" And yes I am winning.

Stacey724
Stacey724

It would be nice if a "CHARM" or "INTIMIDATION" indicator could be added to the suspects note cards. I manually write it down now for the harder cases.

danielle nyssen
danielle nyssen

what about finding business cards as a clue at scene of the crime.

Stacey724
Stacey724

It would be really great if 1 challenge point could be awarded to a single player that does a showdown. The challenge point would only be given if they correctly completed the showdown within the allotted time. All levels could be increased by an increment of 1 to implement fairly.

Niandra
Niandra

random though...i was thinking, with the game technology that's out there right now, this game is a little too expensive (maybe a little more than a little!) for the quality it offers. i mean, don't get me wrong, it's a great game, lots of objectives and very clever. but it has the graphic and play qualities of many free online games out there. so for payment (and not at all cheap payment) i'd expect something better.
That's all i have to say.
for the rest, i really enjoy it, except for the 4 case limit! that's why i went and looked up the cost of subscription.

JDavC
JDavC

A question was asked in my agency regarding favour gifts that are given out (male vs female ones). A player noted they had a shortage of female ones, and it turns out I have LOADS of expensive colognes, but only a few expensive perfumes stashed in my personal locker.

I decided to look into why this might be:
Regarding favour gifts, it's a bit hard to say. I do have a lot more male ones in my personal locker than female ones though, so it may not just be you. It also doesn't help that the handprint analysis townie is female and you can't narrow down fingerprints yourself before going there for analysis.

If we look at the gender of evidence analysis townies that we may need to use gifts on, we have the following:
- Tobacco - Male
- Cosmetics - Female
- Handwriting - Female
- Clothing - Male
- Footprints - Female
- Hair - Female
- Handprints - Female
- Gun wounds - Male
- Blunt trauma wounds - Female
- Knife stab wounds - Female

That's 3 males and 6 females! This is quite an imbalance, as 2/3 of the townies that do analysis are females, so on average, you'll need to use more female gifts than male ones when doing cases. I'm wondering if the drop chances of gifts offered as favour rewards could be tweaked to address this imbalance.

It may also be an idea to offer different types of subscription. One for 12 cases a day at just <$5, and maybe a price cut for subscriptions in general as this is nothing like an MMORPG which has similar subscription costs.

Also, I feel this game needs more development (e.g. scripted mysteries, and I don't know if codebreaking is even used yet).

BTW, is there a new developer that has arrived recently? I noticed some changes to this game. I might be looking for work as a developer myself, but when I tried to contact Sleuth Admin I couldn't get a reply. :(

JDavC
JDavC

Whoops, mean to say 7 females, not 6, so that's 70\% females, not 2/3.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help