Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

On Jan 1st 2010, Sleuth Admin posted:

I'll go

1) More Wearable Equipment
2) Lockpicking Mini Game
3) Room Editor for Agency HQ and Scripted Mystery Editor
4) Villain Hunts
5) Sleuth: Mobile Murder
6) Sleuth: Facebook Forensics
7) World Sleuth Domination

But first, I'm going to get a little bit of Sleep

------------

So, even if we can't get the suggestions we made be included into the game, at least can Admin do what he has planned above? and please specify a deadline.

Great things about random generated cases is that you (Admin) just need to make sure you code the things once and it can be use over and over again. Thanks in advance.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Kindly REMOVE the rings and gloves from the game. Set it in such a way that only certain backgrounds can purchase certain items and these items are locked to their backgrounds, just like the achievement prizes. With this, the cases would be more challenging and logical to do, because in real life, we can't always have it all. To allow us all to get our hands on all the different rings and gloves will only make cases less challenging and more team work.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Opps...let me re-phrase my suggestion above. Kindly REMOVE the rings and gloves from the game FOR ME ONLY. Set it in such a way that MY background can purchase certain items and these items are locked to MY background, just like the achievement prizes. With this, MY cases would be more challenging and logical to do, because in real life, we can't always have it all. THANKS ADMIN FOR YOUR HELP.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Can Admin set skeleton keys and gifts to be recorded into Active Missions like:

You have collected 7 skeleton keys.
You have earned 7 golden lockets.

With this, inventory spaces wouldn't be a problem and the need to sell gifts and skeleton keys would not happen as inventory and locker will only be needed to store coats and gears.

Pawn Broker is currently not doing anything besides selling coats and trading gifts for achievements. I was thinking if I can trade things I currently have like gifts or skeleton keys or both in return for a ticket which I can visit any of the shops to buy either a ring or glove, so that without the ticket, I cannot buy the rings and gloves.

Or...if you don't like that idea, maybe the ticket can be given to any townie and so that the next normal case that gets done will give out a glove or favor case that gets done will give out a ring or even a rare case - [Missing Person], [Missing Document] or [Missing Property].

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I remember that we need to give 7 Expensive Perfumes to the Bank President to unlock Facilitator and we need to give 7 Expensive Colognes to the Editor In Chief to unlock Janitor. Maybe we can have more missions like these two, because we have lots of items which can be use for missions:

1) Basic Missions:
a) Flowers
b) Silk Tie
c) Belgian Chocolate
d) Shaving Kit
e) Expensive Perfumes
f) Expensive Colognes
g) Golden Lockets
h) Rare Scotch
i) Skeleton Keys

Intermediate Missions:
a) Bag of Gold Fishes
b) Split Heart Pendant
c) Opera Tickets
d) Cuban Cigars
e) Stamps

Instead of trading these gifts for gears, perhaps can trade them for a ticket from the Pawn Broker and this ticket can be given to any case giver so that the next case offered by this case giver will be a new type of case - [Missing Person], [Missing Document] or [Missing Property]. Rewards can be decided by vote just like how American citizens gets the right to vote for their "The Voice" Winner.

Peridot
Peridot

I know that in Noir there is a counter that shows how many cases you have left. I'd really like to see one for SOM too. (Or maybe there is one and I can't find it?)

100proof
100proof

peridot i would also like to see a case counter! excellent suggestion. can we please see how many case we have left in a day?

100proof

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I would like to suggest that SoM gets something like Noir's promotional code and sidekicks, whereby SoM players can get discounts on subscription whenever a new player subscribe using our recruitment link, is that how it works in Noir?

The more sidekicks you have, the more cases you can do, but of course, each new sidekicks should register from different IP address.

100proof
100proof

for christmas can we have presents that we get in the favors that will be a surprise by christmas?

Bela Talbot
Bela Talbot

Could we have a place where detectives can exchange items? A place where they could buy/sell items from other detectives.

If making a new place for this purpose is out of the question, it could happen in the BANK or in an underground TAVERN (under the Tricky Mister?)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help