Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
icaughtyou
icaughtyou

If the issues with game freezes and lock outs are fixed, you may start to see more people do the showdowns, they are no fun when you join and then you can't play for minutes due to game error, many of the seasoned players know what i am talking about, because it has happened to them too!!

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Yes, my screen froze as soon as i started sd, and had to log in again, and it took ages

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

If ID couldn't finish the hunt and had to drag it over 8 hours, then that's blocking the new hunt from being generated.

If ID started a hunt and couldn't finish the hunt within the 8 hours, then the hunt is forfeited.

If ID started a hunt and couldn't finish the hunt within the 8 hours and other agencies find the need to challenge the hunt, those agencies will get 8 hours to complete the hunt while ID is forfeited from the hunt.

I don't think ID couldn't complete the hunt as ID managed to complete another long hunt right after the hunt which got dragged for 8 hours, which probably because ID have more than double of a normal refurbished mansion agency headquarter can fit as ID and RD's agents can move around the 2 agencies.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

ok noted ... showdowns are being 'slow' for some players. It's a Ben question, but I'll endeavor to have it looked at. They should cope with 10+ players let alone 3 or 4.

ok noted ... there shouldn't really be any real server slowness for normal game play, but it's worth checking.

I'll post my other TH comments in Mercey's post from March.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Suggestion for showdowns, so that it will be more challenging for players:

When 2 or more players joined showdown, the case they get depends on the average players' xp, for example if 2 players joined the showdown and both of them having more than 1M exp, then they will get Ridiculously Hard showdown case with an extension of 10 minutes real time, making it 30 minutes real time in total.

When an average players' exp is more than 4M exp, then they will get Almost Impossible showdown case with an extension of 20 minutes real time, making it 40 minutes real time in total.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Suggestion for Admin regarding TH completed that raised query of other players, whether the TH was truly completed by the agents from its agency itself, screenshot would be best or perhaps just list out in the Newspaper Announcement, which agent(s) did how many steps in the hunt, then that will show enough proof that the said agency didn't invite other agents from another agency to help out.

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

There is nothing currently in the rules that says another agent from another agency cannot help in a hunt. Let us be quite straight about this, so everybody knows! I founded both Ivory Draigh, and Red Dragon. Rd was the first agency I founded, and ID the second. The idea always was that there would be cooperation between both agencies, although my idea was to train people in ID and move them to RD. But the agents wished to stay in ID. Two of the agents from RD wanted to move to ID so we would have one strong agency, so this is now the situation. I hope this clarifies everything for everybody. I see nothing wrong in me founding two agencies to work together. This is supposed to be a game! Not real life. it seems to me that it is developing into a nasty, personal vendetta for some reason, which is sad as the concept of the game is good.
So now you all know, I, Jayneromina founded both ID and RD and I am sticking with them. Currently there is nothing in the rules that says I cannot move my agents between the two agencies. And, you know, we are all individuals, not double ups in Ivory Draigh!!!

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

Joseph,
about the challenge of showdowns, there are many new players in the showdown lately(5000 EXP) and they do very well against the more seasoned and higher EXP players, so there is really no point in changing the showdowns.. it would not be fair if 3 players with over 100K in EXP join and a 4th with only 20K in EXP, how would the 4th player do sd if the option was for RH cases which they might not have access to play based on their EXP level? Also, that 4th player with 20K in EXP may be strong enough player to win in a VVH, IH, or SH case. It would also seem that there are only a few players with more than 4M EXP(active) that do showdowns, and that are on at different times of the day, so it would be hard for those players to find the other competitors to challenge a AI showdown...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

icaughtyou,
While the Admin preferred not to reveal in advance what case the players were to get before they start the SD, this implementation would be fair enough, because the players can choose whether they want to do the SD or are they able to take it on based on the majority players' exp that has joined the SD.

or perhaps I should clarify better regarding my suggestion on this, as previously suggested by someone else, if this someone else could create a private SD and invite players to join in, that would be great (sorry Marco, had to re-suggesting your suggestion).

For me, either way will work, as when the agency I'm in is doing Treasure Hunt and my agency Director is online, if both of us doesn't get the favor needed, I think it would be fair for us to challenge each other to a fair SD, rather than joining the public SD that has a limit of lower cases.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to suggest, let players create their own private SD, perhaps similar to the number of favor cases offered to subscribed (only can create 3 private SD per day) and non-subscribed players (only can create 1 private SD per day) but not limited to how many private SD they can join as long as they meet the minimum requirement to join one.

Valerie Ann
Valerie Ann

Is it just me, or does the coat analysis make no sense for man/woman determination? Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes that the handprint told you some kind of clue about the suspect. So, here's my suggestion:

Handprint analysis: determine if heavy or slim build
Shoe analysis: determine if man or woman (since all the females in this game wear heels and all the men wear flats)
Fabric analysis: (new invention) determine if person has expensive or cheap taste in fashion, to be determined about each suspect when interviewing them and show in suspect file

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help