Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Jayneromina
Jayneromina

I am not taking charge, Joseph, I think you need to read my previous posting again. I said that it was a fair challenge in the hunt, but still find the thought of a newspaper very funny. Who is going to be the reporter? *chuckles*

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

I know you're not taking charge, Jayneromina, as I'm merely asking only.

The game's system should be able to track those information, like for example of what I copied from the Newspaper screen in Noir:

Jun-12-2012 18:05
Crown Stolen
All of Shanghai is abuzz with a story about a stolen treasure. Rumor has it, the The Lost Crown of Montezuma was snatched right out from under the noses of several security guards, and the owner is offering a $9000 reward. They say the Order of Socrates knows something about this theft.

Jun-12-2012 12:11
Treasure Recovered
Sal Iva from The Vidocq Society completed the search for The Sacred Crown of The Orient. The Vidocq Society received the $7000 reward and 350 fame for finding this treasure.

Jun-12-2012 01:35
Arch Villain Captured!
The notorious criminal Don Laszlo von Dreyst was brought to justice by Ivy Spini after a painstaking hunt in which the heroic detective successfully tracked the villain around the world.

Jun-12-2012 00:36
Arch Villain Arrested!
The notorious criminal Erasmus "the Tempest" Drake was brought to justice by Ser Tyrion Lannister after a painstaking hunt in which the heroic detective successfully tracked the villain around the world.

Jun-12-2012 00:06
Foreign Dignitary in Town
Local socialites are ecstatic on hearing rumors that the ambassador to the Prince of Shangri-La is making the rounds among the finer cocktail parties in London.

http://noir.playsleuth.com/news.spy

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

It's not a bad idea to somehow announe TH winners more publicly.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

A newspaper style format announcement is what is done in NOIR. (I believe not sure how funny NOIR is maybe others do with the statement of laughter above) Not sure. Something similar would be useful in SoM to help prompt Agency teamwork.

More of the game as gone further towards individual achievements and awards. Be good to also create agency achievements and awards. (ie expansion of agency locker or agency file cabinet)

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

PS I know individuals (if subbed) in an agency can get there own personal lockers and file cabinet. Just an example, sure there can be other things done to help benefit all in an agency not available to an individual player.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I like the idea of announcing the winners of TH's as well after all it is a competition just like a SD. GOOD SUGGESTION :D

Cerene™
Cerene™

I would like to suggest that since Treasure Hunts are generated at 6am, 2pm, 10pm server time, which is 8 hours apart, then the agency or agencies doing them should have enough time to complete the hunt. So, either the hunt is challenged by another agency or the only agency doing the hunt couldn't complete it within 8 hours of starting the hunt, then the hunt is automatically forfeited and a new hunt is generated at the next hour.

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Sorry Cerene (alias Joseph) do not quite understand, are you saying that if the hunt is challenged by another agency, then it would be allowed to go over the 8 hours, or if it was challenged by another agency, they are allowed 8 hours to complete? Which would then mean the first agency would have more than 8 hours? Could you clarify?

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE GAME FREEZES IN THE SHOWDOWNS!!! there are many people who have problems with completing the showdowns due to game freezes and slow game server. There are times when the game freezes up so long it logs the player off and then once you log back in the case is solved.. This seems to happen on showdowns, not regular cases.. Does anyone else have this problem? I know it is not just me....

develin
develin

No Icy, it's not just you...It happens a lot, and it seems to be getting worse every day...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help