Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Admins,

Currently, there's too little interactions between players and players with the game. If its possible, since there are quite a lot of players with good experience, maybe you can set up the following for subscribers:

1) Set up scripted mysteries and allow subscribers to create their own unique mysteries.
2) Allow subscribers to create private showdowns and treasure hunts and allow them to distribute prizes to winners.
3) Allow subscribers with the highest standings with each townies to interact with the game like having their name appearing as suspect when players are doing favor for the particular townie.
4) Allow subscribers to get other types of mysteries besides just murder case, like burglary case, kidnap case or even an extended case when they find a complete sets of unrelated weapons to their current case.
5) Even allow subscribers to upload their own avatar and design their own avatar backgrounds (like the ones previously done by Isaac Mendez).
6) Set up gifts and gears design system for subscribers who reaches a certain experience to be able to design their own gifts and gears.

As long as there's more interactions between players and the game are set up, it would be fun even when Admin are not around, because subscribers gets a chance to contribute into the game.

Regards,
Joseph

Delia Earle
Delia Earle

It's probably a little early to be submitting this suggestion, but after the awesome new headquarters update, I couldn't help myself..
Before private apartments become available, would it be possible to pray to and beg of the Sleuth Gods not to have furniture and decoration only purchasable with challenge points? It's just that some of us have crazy kids that interrupt constantly and computers that are fond of lagging, and when they do find the quiet time to take part in a showdown they're usually up against someone who'll slam 'em down in seconds, so..

Please, please, please, pretty pretty please? Earning money to buy nice things was one of my favourite aspects of Sleuth Noir, it would be a shame to eliminate that from this game.

{Delia lays out offerings of fruit, cheese and wine and exits backwards and bowing..}

Droid
Droid

I'm getting fed up with people saying their case is unsolvable because they can't find a yellow note so here's an idea on how to help them.

If they go to the Fixer or some other prominant townie and ask them if they can think of anyone who might be a suspect the answer could be in the form of...

"I vaguely recollect soneone called <firstname> who sometimes stays with <suspect with yellow note in their house> , I don't know their last name but if you have a good look around <suspect with yellow note in house> 's house you might find some clueto who they are."

At least then they would know which house to search thoroughly for the elusive note behind the plant or on the ceiling.

Taze
Taze

You can buy trench coats! Yes, kind of stereotypical but cool all the same. I like Darcoth's and ThorLoki's ideas. And Annabel Rose your name is so close to mine! Never met another Annabel. Also, you should add a flirt option where you can flirt with the opposing gender to try to make them answer your question.

Taze
Taze

Another idea: Have two players be accomplices. Also add an acting skill where you can pretend like one accomplice turned them in in order to get the other to confess, then arrest both of them.

Taze
Taze

New new idea: Guns should be analyzed for fingerprints. Ex: If fingerprints are found on the gun that don't belong to Joe, but you found the gun in his house, then Joe isn't guilty. But if the fingerprints belong to Bob, and you found the key to Joe's house in bob's, then the gun belongs to Bob and he's the murderer.

Marco Roshinski
Marco Roshinski

Since the new Agency HQ's require CPs to get our hands on the goods, I'd like to suggest "on-demand" Showdowns. Not sure how best that could be implemented, but maybe in the SD lobby there could be button for SD-Now, and once two detectives have joined it (they'd agree via chat), a broadcast would go out the other on-line players saying "Marco Roshinski and <other> have started a Showdown - join them in the lobby in 5 minutes". I don't generally have time to play but at night after the kids are in bed, and I'd like to be able to do more than one or two before I have to retire myself.

MR.

Hayden Black
Hayden Black

I like Delia's suggestion to be able to purchase lockers, furniture, cabinets etc with money instead of just CPs. Those CPs seem so impossible to get at this point in the game for young detectives...but money is totally doable.

And like others have mentioned before, I also think it would be a great addition to the game to introduce various types of cases as opposed to just murders.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Combination of money and CP , but from what had previously post (by Ben aka Sleuth Admin) to a similar question. More agency items will become available (at some point) and those may cost funds or a combination.

Lena Strings
Lena Strings

Ok, I've read theough all pages of suggestion since it was started to make sure it hadn't been suggested before.

Here's the thing:
When we break into a male suspect's house we know from the stuff we pick up wether he smokes cigars or pipe, without having to meet him first and see it written in the case file.
Since cosmetic and tobacco are mirrors of each other in every other respect (e.g. skill points necessary, number of stars worth), it stands to reason that we should be able to acertin wether a female suspect wears light or dark lipstick prior to meeting her.
It could be easily done by coloring the lipstick we pick up either a very aple pink or a very dark red (something inequivocably light or dark) or, if there's a good artist around, changing it to chapstick or lipstick and make them look different.

This would make cosmetic and tobacco analysis skills REALLY of the same importance.

Thanks.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help