Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
harish987
harish987

instead of interviewing and finding the clues it will be better with modified crime scene like crime scene is in a beach way of death should be a different way like killed by a gang of robbers this may spice up sleuth

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

Reply deleted by Moderator.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Hi guys,

I've been busy for the last half an year and had no time to log in to play. I confess myself tremendously happy to find out that Trei's hunts were missed.
Now that my agency was mentioned here, I guess it is necessary to point out a few things.

1) Concerning the concept of hunting, I don't seem to be able of figuring out what a "slow
hunt" should look like. From where I stand, in a hunt if you're slow you're either dead or hungry.
Therefore, looks like a very bad idea to start a hunt and then go to bed or mind your own business for the day or save a step for a friend who's gonna come online the day after tomorrow, has the standings and would like to get involved , expecting for others to just sit and wait for you to grab the treasure. Most likely other agencies would like to get involved, too.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

2) Concerning blocking hunts, that is what slow hunting does. I know from personal experience that any agency can work, even a young one, can work a hunt in less than 2 days. Now to say that the hunts were meant to last days is a joke. Why then are they generated 3 times a day?
All those agencies that are leaving their hunts unattended, thinking that a hunt belongs to them once they started it, are actually blocking lots of other hunts.
The fact that they sit at 90\% until after the generating hour, that is only on the top of everything they did before.
Of course, it's not illegal. It was said it's clever, but I don't see anything clever in trying to prevent others to enjoy what you can't have. Anyway, they can do it as long as all the other agencies agree that the hunt belong to the one who started. Otherwise, no one can block anything.
We don't need to run to Ben, crying for help, and I don't see any need for him to do anything about the matter.
Unless things have changed while I was away, a hunt is unblocked when finished. So say a certain agency decides to sit at 90\%. Another agency then can jump in and:
a) Decide the first agency to finish the hunt (and unblock it)
b) Or finish the hunt, supposing the first agency was really in some crisis.
Assuming a) occurs, the jumping agency lost a few standings, but at least they know for sure the hunt was blocked on purpose. Next time, they shouldn't wait until 90\% to do the jump.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

3) Concerning Joseph's suggestion, to allow the agencies to continue the hunt after the treasure was taken by someone else. Please stop making fun of us.
Certainly can not be awarded any prizes for not getting the treasure (you can lose some fame, if your clients find out ), it would be quite annoying to keep doing favors just to be told, at the end, that the treasure is safe somewhere else.

4) Other funny things: adding the possibility to quit a hunt. For the case, like it is now, when an agency with a single member who obviously has not the proper standings, is starting a hunt. We all agree to allow young agencies to do hunts, not challenging them. But what if someone starts a hunt by mistake?

develin
develin

Hi Detective Lu Peste. This subject is three months old, and allready dealt with. No need to stirr it up again I think.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

okay here it goes how about these ideas: maybe a 4th favor just and idea, being able to complete only your favors for the day and not having to do other cases (up to individual detectives), maybe a secret compartment behind the pictures, and maybe a master key that you can use in every house for only five cases.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

also maybe evidence could start being hidden behind the shelves in the corner of the rooms, and hence the need for the tab key, as obviously that would be the only way to find it :D

Lucius Iroquois Plissken
Lucius Iroquois Plissken

Is it possible that we could have a feature that would be able to occur only when you arent working a case? Like when you can train and such on the map...

I would like it if there were mysterious people that would come up to you randomly at the Tricky Mister Bar or maybe even a mysterious call at a Pay Phone in the game, that you could answer (shades of Marty's mission from Grand Theft Auto III, for those who're familar)

You could choose to accept or not accept these shady cases but they could come with great reward, different than the usual in the general cases or they could come with great tragic consquences and maybe some could be extremely risky to our characters... there's so much you can do with this.

It could even happen that if we end up in the hospital from a mishap we cant do missions in the game for a certain amount of days/weeks pending what happen.

I say we up the realism a bit

Another suggestion:

Is there any way we could have players bet on cases? You know how we are able to subscribe [which I definately will be doing once I get a job] to the game? Well why not let us put up money and bet on who can get a case done first?

Call it The Case Race feature or something to that extent and we can take a gamble at our own free will on who can either solve first or solve a certain amount of cases within this feature in a day or week, it would present as many as we could do, but you'd have to be a subscriber to take part in this feature.

Just two ideas, sure I'll have more

Lucius Iroquois Plissken
Lucius Iroquois Plissken

Missed Deadlines

Can there be a high price and negative experience points or something to take off missed deadlines? real cash even?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help