Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

To: Detective Joseph Chen
Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:20

Well I have not been the only person who has seen this and is upset about it.

There will be more messages sent that this practice needs to stop. I may have challenged hunts but I did not attempt to lock up or limit hunts available for agency to do or make ti to benifit me or others I choose. Which you and Blue have benifited from I may say so I also will remember that

To: TJ Sweet
Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:10

I only gave suggestion to Jayne. I admit its a bad suggestion because of integrity issues. I apologize to you.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:25

You got those hunts becasue they where prevented from being generated at 2pm. UMMMMMMMM to save for a time you are one I wonder???????

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:13

Another way to solve this problem is for your agency to do hunts at different times, hence they won't be able to track and stop your agency from doing hunts.

Ohh and be good to them if you want them to be good to you.

(cont...)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:23

I already told you that The Blue Geranium only do hunts on Monday. I don't see how we can benefit from this.

If you want, I can leave The Blue Geranium together with my wife's detective and never ever do hunts again, if that's what you want, then you'll see me in a brand new agency before server reset today.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 20:39

Hi TJ,

I made a suggestion regarding blocking hunts in the suggestion thread. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Regards,
Joseph

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 20:48

I replied and no I was not nice. This activity should not have never been suggested or done PERIOD.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:28

lol, good. Since you put it that way, I will resign from The Blue Geranium and we'll see who will benefit from this.

I never thought by congratulating you for reaching #5 could end up been blame by you on such thing. Well, I'm chinese, born in malaysia, my time zone for doing favors for hunt always within 3 - 4 hrs before and after server reset.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

at Droid :)

@ Drew 321, ummmm, solving cases helps get money, try it sometime it really works :P

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

(missing smail)

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:06

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure with your speed, you'll be able to beat them all. Only beating PiC will be a little problem, unless your agency can prevent them from doing hunts.

------------------------------

1) You accused Ivory Fox and Ivory Draigh of blocking hunts because they didn't finished hunts until after 6am, 2pm, 10pm.
2) You blamed me for not noticing how IF and ID does their hunts because its known that I don't play on weekends.
3) You accused my agency to benefit from their blocking hunts.
4) You accused me of instructing IF and ID to block hunts.

You couldn't even make it for sure whether IF and ID are really indeed blocking hunts or doesn't have the favors needed, but yet you jumped into conclusion that they're blocking hunts because I instructed them to do so. I may have a very bad reputation during the old times when my agency is doing hunts, up to the point the other agency directors smail me to let them have some chances to do hunts, but you jumped into conclusion that I have such great power to instruct other agencies to do the same? Shame on you! ^_^

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Ok Joseph since you are posting copies of pm's why don't you copy all pm's.

You know I have always been on your side but what are you saying now?

Why all of a sudden are WE the bad guys? Thought we all had same interest in mind, guess not. Too bad you forgot about the way things use to be and what you use to stand for, good or bad.

Hmmmm

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Mercey:

The pm is between me and TJ and whatever I said, it points to TJ and not any other peoples, I hope you don't misunderstand. And as you know, there's a limited number of characters that each post can contain, that's why I break it into smaller portion.

And those are the full content of the PMs.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

this is all getting out of hand now so MERCEY OUT!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Like your use of you suggesting (not instructing). I implied your involvement not accused (yet you admitted to it)

As for the rest of missing PM (which I never received may have been attempted after I blocked further)

Just an odd coincidence??? At first you tried to excuse some of the action. Then admitted you suggested it. Then later in a post act surprised your suggestion was being used.

Not all can be a coincidence

Good it is all aired out. I find no further need to reply to this.

Bessie Smith
Bessie Smith

As my name and the name of my agency has been mentioned in this dispute, I feel obliged to say a word or two. Those who know me from Noir know that I've never been a topic of public discussion, and I intend to keep it that way. Also I consider making the text of private messages public bad taste, to say the least. There's a reason why they are called private.

First of all, I didn't even know what "blocking" or "jumping" hunts meant until I saw this thread and asked Joseph about it. To prevent another agency from starting a hunt just to prevent them getting more fame is in my opinion absolutely dishonest. On the other hand, hunts were created to be challenged, at least that is so at Noir, and I have nothing against another agency to start the same hunt, as those who offered me help with my hunts can confirm, as I told them so.

There are some untruths in Joseph's PMs and I want to make that clear. I don't know if there is a rule in SOM about how many detectives a player is allowed to have in an agency that participates in treasure hunts, as there is in Noir. If there is, I'd like Ben to say so publicly as he did in Noir. What this game lacks are written rules about what is allowed and what's forbidden. I have two detectives, Bessie Smith and Ninianne, and Horton Smith belongs to my husband, but he plays only occasionally these days, so I can say that Horton is actually my third detective. If this is considered against the rules (written or unwritten), I'd like to be told so. I read all the rules about THs and agencies, and couldn't find anything about it. Nevertheless, if the majority of players think it's against the rules, one of those detectives will leave the agency immediately.

At the end of my long "oration", I'd like all of us to remember that this is a game, and that it's about having fun, not bickering with each other over trifles, always abiding by the rules of fair play.

John Bear
John Bear

1) Joseph has never given myself or anyone from Ivory Fox instructions or made any suggestions. And if he had I wouldn't have paid attention to them as I prefer to discover things about the game for myself.

2) Yes, Ivory Fox has 'indulged' in some hunt-blocking.

I learned about hunt blocking by watching other agencies - not by anyone telling me about it - and thought it was a legitimate tactic.

As this appears to be causing offence and considered bad form, we will never do it again. Apologies to those who have been offended.

Actually, I'm in agreement with Droid's suggestion for regressing hunts that have sat idle for a prolonged period. This might encourage other agencies to chase hunts that have already been started.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help