Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Droid
Droid

I'd just like to say this about blocking hunts; it's relatively simple to sit on last case on a hunt and deny others a chance to enjoy themselves but it doesn't gain you anything, it just spoils things for others. It does happen accidentally occasionaly (we all ran out of favours on Sunday) but to deliberately wait until just after hunt generation time and then accuse is selfish.

It's not big and it's not clever.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Ok, my turn. Anyone who signs on and plays SoM on a regular basis knows very well what was going on last week and what this post is all about.

Yes Joseph, other agencies watch and note other agencies routines and take advantage of that knowledge which is exactly what happened this last weekend. Certian agencies actions were watched, noted and acted upon.

Another point you are correct about it that for every action there is a reaction and most likely you are not going to like the outcome.

As for blocking faster/stronger agencies from growing, well if that is the only way for an agency to grow themselve, than it isn't much of an agency now is it.

But, as you and TJ said, Ben has set it up for hunts to be challenged so if that is the way everyone wants it, so be it. However, I would like to bring to light a certain occurance that I think goes beyond unfair, it was down right underhanded and rotten.

As noted, agencies watch routiens of other agencies and the agents in those agencies. Well, not too long ago, a hunt was jumped when the jumping agency knew that the agents from the agency that was jumped would not be online again for quite a few hours. Now is that honorable or are they just such a poor agency that can't win any other way?

Many, many hunts have been opened recently that have taken the agency days to finish and none of us other agencies have touched them. But sometimes you have to say, enough is enough.

Droid
Droid

If hunt blocking becomes a serious problem (which it hasn't yet) there's a solution but it involves Ben doing some coding. Check every hour to see if an agency has progressed a step and if nothing has happened for say 8 hours issue the following broadcast message to the agency:

------------------------------------
Hey <username>,

It's the Priest, things are getting hot around here so I had to give the slightly bent spoon of the Mohicans back to the police clerk.

Treasure Hunt Regressed.
--------------------------------------------------

I think we have to be careful to avoid punishing new agencies that way though so the (say 8 hours) could be modified depending on how many treasures they've already found. It wouldn't be fair to push the small agencies back too quickly, treasure hunts were originally intended to last several days.

I don't see anything wrong with jumping hunts if it's a well established agency, it's meant to be a competition. I don't agree with jumping new ones on their first few hunts as it puts people but that's just because I'm a big softy at heart.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I do agree with you Droid on jumping new agencies with players establishing themselves. I have never done that. Now as far as hunt original intention lasting days. Correct me if I am wrong but where not the hunts longer then they are now?

Drew321
Drew321

Get more money on cases! We work hard we disurve more!!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

To: TJ Sweet
Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 18:43

Hi TJ,

Congratulations on reaching #5 spot, next would be reaching #4 but I think that won't be a problem because #4 seems to be inactive.

Regards,
Joseph

To: Detective Joseph Chen
Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 18:47

Well I had #5 sunday for a short while then Micheal logged in and did cases to retake.

I was very tried sunday from hunting late saturday nitght to sunday morning. THen I hunted yesterday and took time from RH cases.

Speaking of TH. Is there a purpose to IF, ID not finishing hunts until after the 6am, 2pm, 10pm . Seen some funny things going on I dont like. I may put on hold reaching 4mill to go back to challenging hunts.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 18:50

That's the tactic been used there or maybe they really don't have those favors.

In IF's point, I think its a tactic been used and in ID's point, its because they don't have many active members with standings with townies.

I hope The Blue Geranium didn't stop your agency from doing hunts, coz Bessie said she only want to do hunts on monday. ^_^

(cont...)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 18:56

Joesph dont take me for a fool. IF and ID had there hunt on saturday 1 favor from complete the agents from each that completed the hunts after 2pm server. Where on favors (favorcase count @ 12pm and where on but choose not to complete) I watch case count and look at SD to see who may have reset.

IF and ID have both also been 1 favor from closing then open anoter hunt then close out the first after the time a new hunt would have been generated.

So it is being done for a reason. To prevent hunt being generated at a certain time. To then be genereted better suited for them to open agian when they are. Either for themselves or for one of the others.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:00

I see, then that's definitely a tactic used. I told Jayne about controlling the time hunts are generated, she listened and chose to do it, that's good. That way, it would prevent other agencies from getting new generated hunts, thus causing other agencies to wait for another 6 - 8 hrs.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:02

Yes why I will go back to challengeing ALL

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:04

Actually, I used to do that, because that's the only way to chase other agency's fame without letting them to chase back. But in one way, its challenging, but in another way, many agencies will hate this kind of agency doing these kind of thing. So now, I won't do such thing.

Bessie agreed to store RTA for herself and her husband and daughter's account, while I store RTA for myself and my wife's account. So, unless we have confident to finish the 5 - 6 steps hunt, I don't think we'll go after the bigger hunts for the time being.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:08

I dont wish to prevent agencies from hunts and I will be sure to pass along you are the one who instructed ID and IF how to do so.

Sent:

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:20

Well I have not been the only person who has seen this and is upset about it.

There will be more messages sent that this practice needs to stop. I may have challenged hunts but I did not attempt to lock up or limit hunts available for agency to do or make ti to benifit me or others I choose. Which you and Blue have benifited from I may say so I also will remember that

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:10

I only gave suggestion to Jayne. I admit its a bad suggestion because of integrity issues. I apologize to you.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:25

You got those hunts becasue they where prevented from being generated at 2pm. UMMMMMMMM to save for a time you are one I wonder???????

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:13

Another way to solve this problem is for your agency to do hunts at different times, hence they won't be able to track and stop your agency from doing hunts.

Ohh and be good to them if you want them to be good to you.

(cont...)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:23

I already told you that The Blue Geranium only do hunts on Monday. I don't see how we can benefit from this.

If you want, I can leave The Blue Geranium together with my wife's detective and never ever do hunts again, if that's what you want, then you'll see me in a brand new agency before server reset today.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 20:39

Hi TJ,

I made a suggestion regarding blocking hunts in the suggestion thread. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Regards,
Joseph

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 20:48

I replied and no I was not nice. This activity should not have never been suggested or done PERIOD.

Sent: Apr 19, 2011 - 19:28

lol, good. Since you put it that way, I will resign from The Blue Geranium and we'll see who will benefit from this.

I never thought by congratulating you for reaching #5 could end up been blame by you on such thing. Well, I'm chinese, born in malaysia, my time zone for doing favors for hunt always within 3 - 4 hrs before and after server reset.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

at Droid :)

@ Drew 321, ummmm, solving cases helps get money, try it sometime it really works :P

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help