Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
John Bear
John Bear

Weslen's idea wouldn't necessarily make the game 'easier', since you would still have to unlock the same hidden character to gain access to that skill.

This would require at least 100,000 experience, and by the time you've unlocked them you could probably afford to buy a coat anyway.

It just represents an alternative route to gaining standings bonuses as well as making use of a (currently) redundant skill.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

here is a comment i am sure we will ALL agree with can we please have the scripted mysteries?

Droid
Droid

I would like the option to "save case as a bug report".

I find it frustrating when I see posts saying 'there weren't 3 stars' or 'I accused with 3 stars and false alibi but it was someone else' and there's no way of proving whether it was an error in the programming or a user error.

Of course most of the bug report cases will be user error but once saved the user could have the option to re-open it and go through again with no time limit and infinite resources just to get the gripe off their chest. Re-opening failed cases wouldn't count either way to status.

In the past I've submitted a bug report this way (the case of the missing piano stool) but that's only because I'm in an agency so had somewhere to save the case and email Ben to look at it.

It's really easy to code on the back end, although adding the option button may be harder on the front end as that's cached.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I have to agree with Droid on this one. I had RH case today that I collected handwriting sample from suspects home, showed up in list of items taken from home but did not show up when going to banker.

I revisited home, signed out and signed back in but never showed that suspects note. Lucky for me she was not the killer but she could have been.

With harder standards there needs to be a reprieve for errors in game.

Disgraced Doctor: Caine

Can I suggest the same thing as Hollin? She mentioned in the "3 Stars Warning Thread" that we all get a chance to loot the bank safe from suspects with the bank safe key, apart from just nothing or motive.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

A "Delete All" function on your smails would be really nice. Instead of having to delete one page at a time. Sometime you forget and next thing you know you have 40 or more pages to delete one at a time.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I was reading on post about holidays and economy. Yes, is bad for everyone. It seems to be a bit bad for everyone on SoM as well.

I am thinking that maybe Admin, in the holiday spirit, can offer a special shopping deal for those of us that can not obtain certian items during the Christmas Holiday. Conduct it as they did Halloween with certian items to collect but give us items that normally we would 't be able to get.

I don't mean things thought up for the Holidays, I mean things we want that are available already in game or otherwise. No need to think up new items.

Mid
Mid

Here's what I think:

1) that it is somehow possible to work on a case with another member of sleuth

2) that when you solve a case, you get 5 skill points

Evian Cartier
Evian Cartier

For the last year I've wanted to play Sleuth on my iPhone is there anyway you can create a Sleuth app? (iPhone doesn't do flash!!!)

Suggestion posted in the below thread:

http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=7481&first_record=51061

by Detectivu Lu Peste and JustAClownFool, regarding harder cases. Since there are a few levels of case givers, maybe Admins can set the harder cases based on xp:

Reporter, Desk Sergeant:
- Offer Beginner, Easy, Intermediate

Morgue Assistant:
- Offer Hard, Very Hard

Bishop, Mayor, Mob Boss:
- Offer Very Very Hard, Incredibly Hard

Bank President, Editor In Chief:
- Offer IH, SH, RH, AI

Once player reaches 100,000 xp, lowest case offered would be Intermediate

Once player reaches 500,000 xp, lowest case offered would be Very Hard

Once player reaches 1,000,000 xp, lowest case offered would be Incredibly Hard

Once player reaches 5,000,000 xp, lowest case offered would be Stupendously Hard

Once player reaches 10,000,000 xp, lowest case offered would be Ridiculously Hard

Once player reaches above 20,000,000 xp, only Almost Impossible Case level is offered

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help