Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Other new skills in my mind:

Pugilism - When using intimidation against a suspect, even its the wrong manipulation used that gives only 1 answer, the player who has learned this skill will still get 2 answers.

Hypnotism - When using charm against a suspect, even its the wrong manipulation used that gives only 1 answer, the player who has learned this skill will still get 2 answers.

Surveillance - At higher level, suspect(s) tend to go into hiding and with this skill, player need to first, get the suspect(s) habits and then make a close watch on the suspect(s) using surveillance.

Underworld Connections - So, you finally get enough stars, motive and proved the suspect to be the killer, but he/she has ran away. In order to be given a chance to accuse, you must have this skill or else you'll get a message "The suspect has ran away from you for good..."

Pick Pocketing - You get a chance to get more reward money out of the case by pick pocketing the killer when you accuse. This extra money is based on your negotiation skill, the higher, the more money.

Safe Cracking - Explained in my earlier posts.

hehe...although these skills are copied from Noir, but I believe they will make the game more interesting.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Passive skills:
- Pugilism, Hypnotism, Pick Pocketing

In order to make players do research for suspects' habits, suspects will no longer reveal other suspect's habits. This will make research skill more useful to have.

Ryan Colwell
Ryan Colwell

I think that the game should have much more different names of people and many different appearances, randomly generated if possible. It might be possible to use the US census generator to generate names. It'd be pretty good also if there were more options for the body frame and more features for the appearances of Sleuth players.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Wow very impressive Ryan just after 1 case you can have a grasp of all the possible suspect names and appearances.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I like Joseph's idea of a new use for bank safe keys and using them to give out Special (single agent) TH.

For example Once you have unlocked SH every 150,000 exp there is a random generated Special Hunt for your detective to do . You can make them Missing person, kidnapped. Similar to a TH you are given a lead and have to do favors to get the next one. They can be shorter then your normal TH like 3-5 favor steps.

You can possibly introduce AVH similarly at RH level and have them randomly after every 250,000 exp after 1 million.

But have to where the only way you can get these special cases, the special bank key to unlock will only be generated when doing a SH for a SH special and RH for a RH special once you unlock a higher level you can only do Special for that case level.

If you have RH you can only do RH special hunts

eraldo coile
eraldo coile

we had detective wars by challenging detectives,, i think it would be fun if in a detective war(1 on 1) the other would be the criminal, the other would ofcourse, be the one to solve the crime,, if the catcher cannot solve it then the other detective(criminal) won,, my point is that a good detective can also be a good criminal,,,

Dawn Chorus
Dawn Chorus

I like Joseph's idea about personal treasure hunts.

Plus, I'd completely forgotten about John Bear's suggestion for the Pawn Broker (thanks for reminding me Joseph)

http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=5679

Especially now we actually have gloves and other hand-held items (plus I'm sure I saw Secret_Squirrel sporting the odd ring or two).

What about having a facility to sell/swap unwanted faction documents with the Pawn Broker as well?

TEALY
TEALY

HELLO SECRET_SQUIRREL AND FELLOW SLEUTHS,

I POSTED THE VAST MAJORITY OF THIS, PREVIOUSLY, ON ANOTHER THREAD. HOWEVER, I HAVE ADDED A FEW TID BITS.

I am an avid showdown competitor, and I must say, that I LOVE them. However, not when I am the only one playing. Unfortunately, this is often the case. I really think, that the problem with the lack of showdown players, has to do with people not knowing when they take place. I liked the idea, of placing an alert (above or below the game page) banner, letting people know five to ten min, before the SD begins. However, honestly, I rarely look at the top of my screen while I am playing. So, perhaps...if others wouldnt find it too disruptive...there could be a mass instant message or smail, sent to players...instead?

Also, I think it would be more convenient, if the showdowns happened more frequently. I may be alone, in my sentiments, but...it bums me out, when I have to wait for...what seems like forever...for another SD to begin.

Overall, showdowns are my favorite part of this game. However, I just wish it was more convenient for more people to partake in them.
JUST A THOUGHT =)

Really Red
Really Red

Hello SECRET_SQUIRREL and other Sleuth friends... Well I think that we can actually make gifts available with some townies, so that in case we are stuck we can buy them during a case and give them to some non-responsive suspects(although other alternatives are available like research, townies etc. but this could be used as a last option available). This will minimize the number of "Case Quitting situations" at the initial level of games specially.

Weslen
Weslen

Just had an idea for replacing Codebreaking skill
(which isn't being used at the moment)

Change it to "Diplomacy"

The skill would work like the coats and give a standings bonus of +1 per skill level in Doylesburgh, Hammett Square and North Christie.

For the base skill levels, this would mean a maximum standings bonus of +2 in each district, which could then be enhanced by gloves and rings up to a maximum of +6 if wearing two rings.

Just a thought.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help