Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I would prefer a new point system to be added in based on the case level completed, let say for every AI case done, player is awarded with 0.1 point and these points can count towards challenge points if Admin don't want to add a new point system.

This new point system will only count towards purchasing hand gear, special gifts and special keys (apart from money). ^_^

AI - 0.1 point
RH - 0.05 point
SH - 0.025 points
IH - 0.0125 points

and so on... ^_^

Players can start to do more cases in order to accumulate these new points so that it can be use later on once those new hand gears, special gifts and special keys comes into play.

Grace Lennox
Grace Lennox

Why is it that in Sleuth women don't ever smoke and you can't give them whiskey as a gift? It's a matter of personal preference, not a matter of sex. So my suggestion is: let the girls do what they please! ;)

Belami
Belami

i think i already came up with some ideas a few pages ago but wanted to restate...

first, i feel totally gyped when i get to talk to a ghost and then am asked to give a gift. i think you should always get a free question after getting to the necromancy stage...and i think the nature of the questions should be more interesting. after all, we are talking to a ghost who was murdered! can't we at least find out the sex of the murderer, or some other good hint? or the answer could be kind of cryptic. make it something a ghost might say!

silly, but i would enjoy hearing some special piano music (though i love the ambient music of the game, it's one of the reasons i subscribed in the first place, so well done) for a spell when i click on the piano in the hall...

i think you should change the shoes around from time to time. the guy's shoes esp. are kinda gross!

i think it would be cool if, when you come across a second murdered body, there would sometimes be a twist in the game, like, there might be two killers and this second person could be the original killer but now you have to look for clues in this person's house to find the new killer, or something.

i think it's sad to get to a stage where you can decode notes and there are no coded notes to work with.

this is a fun game and i hope you guys keep tweaking it so that we can stay interested.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I been thinking of ways to increase participation in the Showdowns. Seems the only time you get more then 3 in a Showdown is when it is an Admin sponsored.

My suggestion is to have a Showdown Shop where you can use Challenge Points to buy items. You can buy favor items, have other items that are only exclusive to the Shop, like the new backgrounds, hats other items.

It may increase people wanting to do showdowns and even treasure hunts if the challenge points could be used for different things. I know you have to have some to buy certain coats or hats. But other then that they are useless. If you can use them for different things you may need to replenish your Challenge Points. (Always good to create a demand)

Favor Items
5 challenge points (perfume, cologne)
10 challenge points (whiskey, Golden Locket)
20-30 challenge points (different backgrounds choices)
50 challenge points an exclusive hat
You could even have a top item that may make it worth it to save your points like a 1 month subscription at 250 points (you don't want to make it easy to achieve)

Also when there are 4 or more in a Showdown maybe award 1 challenge point for 2nd place.

I mean who in a pinch wouldn't go to the shop to buy that favor gift to get a case solved.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

@ TJ I kinda like that idea... I suppose it also depends on how much future value we place on challenge points too.

@JC game currency is an interesting topic.

@ Belami, I really need to get to the necromancy stage lol. *walk of shame* But I will talk to Ben about the theory behind the mechanics of that skill. See if there's a rational reason for doing it that way. I'm all for adding a bit of flavour to the game, so I'll hunt up what the meeting text is as well and have a look at that.

riz007
riz007

and there is also system which automated mail sleuth about new updates & new posts(very important) by administrator

riz007
riz007

Secret_Squirrel do you think that i shud given free subs. after 6 months for 2-5 days

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@SS: ^_^

We do know that nice ideas takes time to add. ^_^

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

yeah I could do with a helper monkey or three right about now YAWN!

riz007
riz007

& you can also add a meter which tells thtat suspect will clammed up in how many ques. for ( less than 1000xp)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help