Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
4f
4f

Sleuth admin should create a new skill and a new place. A scientist lab perhaps. Detectives can go there to sleep, to analyze evidence or spin the wheel of truth. For example, detectives can type in and ask " Will I find a signed note / key in the person house?"But detectives are not allowed to ask silly questions, not even asking who the murderer is. If the arrow points to 1 percent, most likely not possible, if it points to 50 percent, there might be a possibility, if it points to 80 percent, most likely possible and if points to 100 percent, defintely possible/ confirmed.
It can be used to tell a person's alibi when the person is not at home.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

The flop house already acts as a 'lab' where you can analyse evidence.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

At Zen / Chen, maybe the game should give you a reward of some kind for achieving achievements. Many games do. For some though, achieving the achievement is an achievement in itself. Worth thinking about...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

^_^ In Noir, by doing the 3 parts of a scripted mysteries, the players gets either a travel kit or half price of paying FA. Maybe Shades can do that too.

I do believe scripted mysteries will take a lot of time and testing to do it and if players are allowed to write their own scripted mysteries for others to play, I think I would spend most of my time, trying to write AI scripted mysteries & what kind of rewards should be appropriate for them.

And the reward for getting those achievements is to give the players a chance to write a scripted mysteries based on the level of the achievements, hence if a player achieve 1M xp achievement, then he/she can contribute 1 RH scripted mystery.

Good eh?

Zen™
Zen™

I'm not sure if anyone ever suggested these before:

1) In case file tab, it doesn't show the results for Judge Of Character used on the suspect.
2) and after using the well said manipulation, it doesn't show in case file tab, how many more question left will the suspect answer before clamming up again.

Logically, I think suspects and townies shouldn't be able to be manipulated more than once, so that the cases becomes harder as player does harder cases.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Pawn Broker suggestion:

1) Add this townie as TH townie.
2) Allow a function of this townie to "Trade documents for gift" based on standings:
0 - 14 Cannot Trade
15 - 39 Can trade 20 documents for 1 gift (either male/female)
40 above Can trade 15 documents for 1 gift (either male/female)

With each trade, the standings of this townie will drop:
40 above Drop by 3
15 - 39 Drop by 2

This will allow players to get a chance to obtain gifts but also not to allow too many trades each day, so players can only make 1 trade a day (while not doing a case).

DiGris
DiGris

Zen, I'd have to argue against your latest suggestion. In Ridiculously Hard cases where you can't get an answer from any suspect without using a manipulation ability, it can be quite necessary to use manipulation twice on a suspect, and often this may end up being the same type of manipulation.

The fact that the suspects and townies are less inclined to speak automatically makes cases more difficult the higher up the ladder you climb.

Granger Lexton
Granger Lexton

Well I'm new to the game, but I thought that people seem to not talk about anything with you after long unless you charm them. Do you think it would be better to make them more likely to talk about something to do with information they are hiding?

Jacobus
Jacobus

Here's a suggestion...
Wouldn't it be fun if you could use collected documents in another way?
Say for example give 5 documents in one go for a reward to a contact (extra gift or key) or maybe sell your document to someone for cash?

riz007
riz007

i think that when you complete case with most of the time remaining then there shud be displayed"EXCELLENT"
& give subscription for two days to players who are regularly doing 4 cases from more than a year

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help