Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion Box

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like is says: a Suggestion Box.

[be polite, I meant GAME suggestions!]

That's not to say we haven't got lots of ideas for things in the pipelines, but I'm sure there are lots of players out there who have lots of ideas about how to make the game a better / more interesting one, and we're always interested to hear what those ideas are.

Especially if they're explained clearly and constructively. :)

Who knows maybe you'll see an idea of yours up in lights :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Secret_Squirrel: I think its not necessary to chat with anyone anywhere.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Because not many people can find the showdown lobby chat, and it is not very active.
I'm not suggesting to make a new place, just close the others and leave a single one open at the bartender for instance. that's all.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Single location chat room is just something similar to Noir, maybe that's why Shades have them in multiple places and currently, there's no special reason for using them. Maybe sooner, Admin will come up with some good reasons, like asking specific townies for clues to catch high profile criminals...but then again, that would be like Noir but I think its about time Shades have that too. ^_^

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

okido :) next idea...

Belami
Belami

Oh, this is a good question. I am so glad you asked!! Although I love this game and find it very relaxing to come here, I think it sorely needs to be tweaked more often, just for fun. Here are some of my ideas...

1. Let's say you enter a witness' home and find a dead body. As usual, it could be a second victim of the murderer you seek. But when you click on the body, sometimes you find out that this person is not the inhabitant of the home. It's someone else entirely. So maybe this dead body is that of the original murderer, killed now for revenge or for some joint criminal enterprise gone bad (you can use what clues you already have from the first victim's home to see if they match this body), or maybe it's a second victim of the original murderer. And where is the person who lives here? That person could turn up dead or is perhaps the killer you now seek. Anyway, if this happened once in a while, it could open up all kinds of complications and make the game more interesting, as you now move on to find this new killer. It could open the way to mastering different levels of the game.

2. I worked really hard to get introduced to the Necromancy person, and was sorely disappointed to just get to ask one normal question to the dead witness, and that not always answered unless you have a gift. What's up with that? I feel that ater all that work, you should get an experience of something more specific and more interesting. You should always get to ask a question without giving a gift, and the info given should be special and different, maybe more like the info given by townsfolk during Special Missions (If the spirit says, "He did it; he did it," before fading away, you'll know it's a guy.) And the Code Breaking Skill? I can't even use it. I came to the game just as those cryptic notes went away. Again, after all this work, it's a darn shame!

3. Other, smaller tweaks that could be fun: When you are in the Ballroom, when you click on the piano, it would be cool if piano music suddenly played for a few seconds. It would also be co

Belami
Belami

...It would also be cool if, when you clicked on the Statue in the victim's home, you got some random and cool saying from philosophy or song lyrics or whatever, instead of always, It's expensive. Just little surprising things like this to tweak the game could make it a much more fun and seemingly ever-changing experience.

Again, thank you for asking...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Regarding Necromancy and Code Breaking, it will be tweak soon ^_^

As for your opinions, I think they're great and SS and Admin will take into consideration.

^_^ I too hope for more new contents.

Mr.Harold
Mr.Harold

Could Ben add new causes of death, ex. strangling, poisoning, fall?

Mr.Harold
Mr.Harold

Could Ben add new causes of death, ex. strangling, poisoning, fall?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Mr. Harold:

Strangling (Needs a new murder weapon - rope), but you can strangle someone not only with rope, but with cloth and this could end up with a variety but this would make the cases more fun.

Poisoning (Needs a new murder weapon - poison).

Fall (this is a bit tricky).

Overall, I think this is a great idea. Even some players suggested that it doesn't always have to be a murder, as Admin could create missing jewelry cases, missing person cases and so on.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help