Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Does Bishop train research?

kivaas
kivaas

A question to all those experienced players - does the bishop train research?

Charm and intimidation are at higher levels trained via Mob boss and Mayor. So for the sake of equal value of the contacts to the three factions, I would suspect the Bishop to be the research trainer. Because research is the only other skill which actually helps you to gather information.

Can anybody confirm this?

Replies
cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

smail sent

kivaas
kivaas

Well, cjmcebdb, thank you for your reply, but you only told me what all the other forum threads say - police clerk & fact checker for levels 1-4 and 5-8, respectively.

But until now, nobody seems to have found out who trains levels 9-12; and at the same time, nobody seems to have found out what the use of the bishop might be... or at least, if somebody did, they did not share their knowledge.

The only other training nobody seems to have written down anywhere is who trains thread analysis level 3 - but the only other character not known what to train is actually the Editor-in-Chief.

If there is at least SOME logic in this game, bishop and editor-in-chief must train those lacking skills, although it appears quite strange for either of them to know about thread analysis and quite believable for both of them to know about researching...

I was just curious, but if nobody is going to tell me, I'll train research till the fact checker can't help me anymore and then check myself with the bishop.

kivaas
kivaas

...two more research skills to earn, then I will find out if the bishop is the next trainer or not. So probably I'll find out on the weekend when I always go for the hardest possible cases to earn skill points.

And then I'm going to share my knowledge with all of you :)

I will then be the proud first one to reveal one of the games last training secrets ;-)

Piro
Piro

We are waiting for the answer too.

kivaas
kivaas

Sorry I'm so late, but actually I don't have enough skill points yet to get my 8th research and find out if the bishop trains further or not.

Hopefully within the week, anyway.

BTW, somebody told me that the editor-in-chief is actually the other trainer for thread analysis. So it is even more likely that the bishop must be the research trainer.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@kivaas:
Editor In Chief - Level 3 Thread Analysis
Bishop - Level 9 - 12 Research

Credit to SGU.

kivaas
kivaas

yup, that's what I expected...

however, as I promised, I will also go for it myself, as I'm lacking only 3 more skill points till my 8th research.

And then I might train more later... but probably I will focus on more charm/intimidation first. Mainly because the next ch/i will cost me as many skill points as an analysis skill, but the ch/i will work in any case, while the analysis only helps in a few.

kivaas
kivaas

I made it! Now I earned my last skill point for the 8th research, and I checked the bishop: he IS really the next one :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help