Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

How Do You Murder Someone with a Ping-Pong Ball

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

I'm a writer right and I was wondering what is a clever way to murder someone with a ping pong ball?
I don't mean something like shoving the ball down someone's throat, something clever to put the detectives out there through their paces.
So essentially what I'm asking is how would YOU kill someone with a ping pong ball?
I will make comments on whether it would work or not.

Replies
Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

Jeremiah: WOW! I'm impressed! I'm glad that you have researched before you said something. I'm going to have to make you now tie first with Sara. You tie because I only see one flaw with your idea. And that's the fact it is slightly obvious to all those in the room at the time that the ping pong ball is somehow involved, and after analysis they'll find evident traces of increased Camphor. and the fact that licking a ping pong ball is a rather lame dare though. But still, VERY impressed!

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

Fak U: is your name japanese for wanking douchebag?

Jeremiah Grafton
Jeremiah Grafton

What if you happen to be playing a game of table tennis at the time, and the victim was said to always lick the ball before a game? Nobody would figure that the ball was the, ah, weapon. Although, I've not yet resolved the analysis...

Jeremiah Grafton
Jeremiah Grafton

Aha! Cyanide salts! Using the same scenario in my previous post, you could cover the ball in cyanide salt. The victim could lick it, or preferably suck on it. He/she would (hopefuly) eliminate any traces of the salt, and tada! So...

Victim is playing table tennis, or Ping-Pong. Victim is known to suck on the ball before playing. Victim does so, ingesting the cyanide salt, and will die. Eventually. It's obvious the victim would wipe the ball on an article of clothing to remove the saliva. There's a chance that some of the salt would be present with the saliva, but I don't think they'll check for that. Hopefully. Thank you.
Three cheers for research!!!

Monk as Stottlemeyer
Monk as Stottlemeyer

Oh, fak u, get out of here!

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

As far as Droid, Joseph etc. I think they are being funny and keeping the topic fun to read (my opinion) and on that vein...

Would be murder hits the ball to the would be victim, victim misses and hits a coat rack, coat rack falls and hits the dog, dog jumps and bites a spectator, spectator kicks dog misses and kicks fireplace flue, fireplace flue closes the place fills with smoke, would be murder leaves by a side door, everyone else is compelled to stay (as that is the only way this scenerio would work) and everyone dies of smoke inhalation.

Full proof

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

hmm but you said earlier that the ball could not be coated with anything as it would affect the balls bounce. So, that can't happen now can it. Saliva has a great weight to it. After all, the tounge is the strongest muscle in the body so certianly saliva holds some weight.

Coming from a good background of Pingpong and knowing the game pretty well, given the lack of information of the basis of your story I don't think anyone could give you a good way to kill someone with a pingpong ball that dosen't break your SO CALLED RULES. You might want to rethink your plot or accept some of the ideas given.

Now, you could do some research, as many writers do, into how you could alter the weight of a pingpong ball adding something to it either interior or exterior, to accomodate your current plot.

again, just my opinion

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

LOL that is good Peach

Severs
Severs

Okay, how's this? Before the game begins, the victim's ping-pong racquet is soaked in water by the murderer. The killer then rigs the ball with a lightweight copper-electro wire, which is hidden inside. The game commences. The murderer serves the ball, and as the victim tries to hit it back, his wet racquet comes into contact with the electrified ball and...well, you get the idea. He falls (dead) and the murderer commits his crime. There are only two things you need to keep in mind: 1. Have the murder create an excuse for why the racquet is wet and 2. Have the killer hit the ball out an open window. (This is after the victim has tried to hit the ball with his wet racquet.) Once the murder has hit it out the window, the ball (and the wiring inside it) is completely out of the reach of the detectives. A wet racquet shouldn't really arouse anyone's suspicion.

new_detective
new_detective

There's actually no perfect way to do wkhat you're asking.but,you can kill the person and make it look like you did it with the ball.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help