Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

How Do You Murder Someone with a Ping-Pong Ball

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

I'm a writer right and I was wondering what is a clever way to murder someone with a ping pong ball?
I don't mean something like shoving the ball down someone's throat, something clever to put the detectives out there through their paces.
So essentially what I'm asking is how would YOU kill someone with a ping pong ball?
I will make comments on whether it would work or not.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

One Ping Pong ball alone can hardly cause death, but if you have many, it could be possible.

Droid
Droid

Set it on fire and make them breath the smoke; celluioid fumes are toxic. Might need a few more than one ball though.

Alternatively you could shove it down their throat ;)

JayLee24
JayLee24

Okay, I have read all of the ideas posted here, and I know that this may sound absolutely far fetched. However I was just watching National Geographic specail on VooDoo. Why couldn't the ping pong ball be cursed by a witch doctor or someone along those lines. You could even include a fun entertaining chapter on the cerimony of the cursing but never mention the ping pong ball. You know what I am saying- something short dark clouds, fire, different powders and what not.....i dunno like i said....far fetched but man do some of those cultures deep in africa truely believe in that stuff!!!!

Mr.Harold
Mr.Harold

Okey, I will input to the ball special mechanism, which when player use it, it pullerize an acid in the air. Or, like in Agatha Christie "The Big Four" - insert steel rod, and to the ball - little power generator.

Ruger
Ruger

It's really very simple when you think about it. Simply place the ping pong ball at the top of the stairs and remove a light bulb on the landing. Hey presto, one dead victim.

Zardian2000
Zardian2000

maybe you could cut a small hole in the ball and put a poisonous liquid and you just drop it into a drink. the victim wuld drink it and he will be drinking the poison and he will die

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

Okay...I have a bit to say:

Joseph, Droid, Jaylee, Zardian: Just one word: SUBTLETY. I mean we want it to be a challenge for the detectives, not a reaction of 'Well that's weird'.

Mr.Harold: first idea has already been covered by a previous post, you know, the one about placing a hole/resin into ping pong ball will effect the bounce and stuff. Second idea the fact you got the idea from an already famous writer's murder story kind of destroys the creativity.

Ruger: I discovered that not only is this wasn't a very original idea, but also the fact that stepping on a ping pong ball just gets crushed.

Suggestion to future commenters:
I want everyone to take into account the previous comments before you say the same thing as someone else has. I must say at the moment Sara Charming's idea of cat allergies is the winner so far. Think you can beat it?

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

Oh, and another thing:
The best ones I find are the ones that are creative, slightly original AND capable of being done. Think about this before you comment.

Jeremiah Grafton
Jeremiah Grafton

Ping-Pong balls are made of high-bouncing, gass-filled celluloid, which is made from nitrocellulose and camphor. Camphor is potentially lethal in larger doses. It can cause neuromuscular hyperactivity. Hyperactivity of neuromuscular transmissions can lead to minor twitches or cramps, or to severe spasms such as in tetanus or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, which is fatal. I think. Perhaps a ball is poorly made, containing MUCH too much camphor, and the victim was to lick the ball? Perhaps on a dare? I don't know. I just researched ping-pong balls, celluloid, camphor, then neuromuscular hyperactivity, then ALS. In less than thirty minutes.
So, in conclusion, he/she could die from licking a ping-pong ball. How's that for my first try?

fak u
fak u

Reply deleted by Moderator.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help