Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

How Do You Murder Someone with a Ping-Pong Ball

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

I'm a writer right and I was wondering what is a clever way to murder someone with a ping pong ball?
I don't mean something like shoving the ball down someone's throat, something clever to put the detectives out there through their paces.
So essentially what I'm asking is how would YOU kill someone with a ping pong ball?
I will make comments on whether it would work or not.

Replies
Belami
Belami

ping pong balls are pretty light and thin, so maybe you could inject some sort of deadly odorless non-detectable gas that would escape gradually...just off the top of my head, of course i would never do anything like that to anyone...

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

I suppose it depends what they were using the ping pong ball for :)

mmm coat the ball in queen killer bee pheromone and leave a window open :)

Sara Charming
Sara Charming

You could do something like the killer slipping something odorless, tasteless, and colorless into the victim's drink, something that makes a chemical come through the pores of the skin.
The other poison that makes a reaction (that has been applied to the outside of the ping-pong ball) reacts with this permeating chemical to absorb into the skin, and then slowly shuts down all cell function, leaving no trace. And, it would only react with the chemical that the victim has in his system, not the other player.

Probably overly complicated and somewhat not plausible, but you wanted something outside of the proverbial box, so there's my little murder sequence...)

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

Ok, here's my response:

Belami: Definitely the most likely at the moment, however due to the hole you would make with whatever you used to inject the gas would place the balance of the ball off making it unusable to play with.

Secret Squirrel: I admire your imagination, however it would be very strange to have a ping-pong ball on a window, as well as the fact that unless the victim was allergic to bee stings, they wouldn't die of a swarm of bees. Like the idea of an allergy though.

Sara Charming: Very well thought through! However, the resin covering the ping-pong ball would cause it to not bounce on the table, making it obvious that there was something wrong with it.

Keep the ideas coming please. I like what has been thought of so far, but I think I can see more to come!

DASMART
DASMART

Apply some sort of poison over it and go for a ping-pong ball competition or something.But make sure u wear gloves and make the victim hold it for like 5 mins.

Sara Charming
Sara Charming

I think I have a way for you to kill your target with a ping-pong ball, but you would need to put in some background information into the story to go with it... The finding of medical records, or a conversation or something that would lead to the killer finding out the information needed to do this.... I thought of it while petting my cat this morning....
Some people are allergic to cats to the point of touching their saliva makes them react..
It might sound a little gross... But you could have the killer coat the ping-pong ball in cat saliva, and then when the victim touches the saliva, they react... Just another idea from me.... Hope you find an answer!
-Sara

Gene Grissom
Gene Grissom

The easiest way would be to simply use the ball as a distraction, and sneaking up to the victim. A good ol' wack on the head or stab in the back would finish the job.

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

hmmm...this is interesting, ok here we go:

DASMART: as i have said before, applying some sort of resin to the ball would cause the ball to lose it's bounce, as well as you'll need to find a poison that works through the skin, so nice try but no.

Gene Grissom: ok, two things, one how on earth do you distract someone with a ping pong ball? and two it would make the ball become irrelevant to the plotline considering it is obvious how they die.

Sara Charming: I haven't tested the saliva idea whether it will do the same as the other resins (and no i'm not planning to kill any REAL people, just imaginary ones), but what i like most about this is the cat allergy idea. my question is can you use something like cat hair or something that wouldn't effect the ball. You're definitely 'winning' at the moment for best idea, and you've sparked a thought pattern. help me keep it moving!

once again keep bringing ideas to the table, it really does help, especially during writer's block.

Zvoganj
Zvoganj

I think you could stuff ball into his troath... that would kill em...

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

...Zvoganj...yeah...did you read my introductory comment? that was the one thing i warned people NOT to say...and if you meant to say it just to annoy me, you've only succeeded in making yourself look more stupid...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help