Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Harassing chat messages

Seamus Doyle
Seamus Doyle

A couple of my friend have been getting harassing, rude messages via the new chat window that's been added to the toolbar. Some of these messages have been mean and others have been dirty.
When the ladies put the person sending the messages on ignore they just switch to a different screen name and continue with the harassment.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having any similar experiences.

Replies
Belami
Belami

maybe someone new is confused and really needs a piece of advice. you'll know pretty quickly if it's a prankster. in that case, all you have to do is close the screen or move it out of your field of vision. who cares if some bored kid is playing around? it's a very minor nuisance and nothing to take personally, imho.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Ok Belami that is a good piece of reasonable advice however, if we take that option then we should also expect a bit of respect in return.

Lets say that these bored kids want to chit chat with us they need a set of guidelines as well.

1) check to see if the person you are attempting to chit chat with is involved in a SD at the moment.

2) Check to see if the person you are attempting to chit chat with is involved in a TH at the moment.

3) Check to see if the person you are attempting to chit chat with is involved in a case at the moment.

All of the above three can be done if they took the time to learn the game and all three of the above are the 3 most annoying times for chit chat.

We are not saying that they can not speak but as everyone has learned at one time or another in their life time, speak only when appropriate and do it in the appropriate place.

Not to bring up another subject or thread but perfect example for some of SoM players, if you are in church and some bored little kid decided they wanted to talk about what video game they were going to play afterwards, what do you think would happen?

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Actually I should have also said, if the person has a true question and you can not answer at the moment but can possibly say" can you please wait until I am done with whatever it is you are doing", that would be a good thing for an experienced player to do.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

I still say IGNORE all the goofs!!

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well that is your option but Si realmente quieres hacerlo lo mejor que tienen para retratar que sois los mejores. Esto quiere decir que no tienen miedo de compartir que le hace el mejor

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

Mercey, yes you are right..... good point

ichatyou
ichatyou

This thread is about harassing or rude chats, it's not about popup chat in general. If you want to complain about someone sending you rude message then post here, if you just want to complain about the messaging system in general then start another thread.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

LOL you are correct ichatyou, this was indeed about harassing or rude chats.

I believe that grievances in this nature should be directed at the gumshoe lounge where it is an open forum or on the suggestion thread. Oh wait, already one :D

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help