Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Harassing chat messages

Seamus Doyle
Seamus Doyle

A couple of my friend have been getting harassing, rude messages via the new chat window that's been added to the toolbar. Some of these messages have been mean and others have been dirty.
When the ladies put the person sending the messages on ignore they just switch to a different screen name and continue with the harassment.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having any similar experiences.

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Yep, got him on ignore as well.

Abreeana Jones
Abreeana Jones

I've never ran into this problem before but I've heard this happens alot. I just don't understand why people can't have a normal friendly conversation.

Glenda Matiatou
Glenda Matiatou

Is anyone here as fed up of this individual coming on pop up as I am! he is now on ignore, but I know he has done the same to other female members of my agency. Bearing in mind of course that we do have youngsters on this site!

X
rockstar007

Disillusioned Police Detective
Exp: 20
Detective Page
Sleuth Mail
Chat
FriendIgnore
rockstar007: hey dirty talk?

Jayneromina, you are not alone. Since I thought that this one had only come to me, I did not mind at first but whenever I get across with it, now I found that he is an abusive so I can ignore him freely, thanks.

Max Mason
Max Mason

That's why i made my detective male,but now I'm being harassed by females.......

Max Maxim
Max Maxim

Wow...doesn't take a super-sleuth to read this topic and quickly see that the victims here are all female. With no evidence to support my hunch at the moment I would further deduce from the sounds of things so far, that the cuplrit(s) are adolescent boys whose ...nevermind, I won't go there. Hehe..Sad that our society has nurtured this type of social mis-behavior..its why we all abandoned MSN, AOL, and Yahoo! years ago lol. Perhaps they can add a chat setting enabling us to turn it off, leaving us with Smail and the forums for communication when we wanna discuss things? Sounds like the easiest solution.

Max Maxim
Max Maxim

@ Max Mason above:

That's why i made my detective male,but now I'm being harassed by females.......

LOLOLOL That one instantly cracked me up...thanx for the laugh, I needed it. :-)

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

..... Yes funny

Audrey Glaze
Audrey Glaze

Lol, a friend of mine who uses "Sonya Woods" as a username in her user could have been harrassed by that user "rocker007". Luckily, she ignored the guy before something like that happened.

JayzeLynn
JayzeLynn

Do anyone know if these chat rooms are monitored? For instance, if someone is reported for something other than being annoying, will SOM take action? Today a character name Golden Blondie has been repeatedly IMing and asking for cybersex. He/She says their age is 13. They seem to have no desire to play the game. Rather, they just want to meet someone that is stupid enough to take them up on their offer, which is BOTH morally wrong and illegal given their age.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

Golden Blondie is always doing that to players,, you should copy and paste the messages and the smail them to the admin or board mods so they can report and get her kicked off the game, the only problem is that if someone is booted they can always create a new fake detective and do it again..
the best solution is to just ignore everyone you do not want to talk to..

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help