Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Harassing chat messages

Seamus Doyle
Seamus Doyle

A couple of my friend have been getting harassing, rude messages via the new chat window that's been added to the toolbar. Some of these messages have been mean and others have been dirty.
When the ladies put the person sending the messages on ignore they just switch to a different screen name and continue with the harassment.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having any similar experiences.

Replies
Missy M.
Missy M.

Now, not really harassing, but I don't like the "how-do-you-do's" from people who I never talked with or heard before on the Community board. I mean, I like to "meet" with Sleuth people talking about the game, but when I'm in the middle of a game, I don't want to exchange superficial talk! What about "are you female"?! Please check the photo, :-))!!!!!

Missy M.
Missy M.

P.S. Even Missies can be married and have a bunch of kids, duh!
(Just kidding...)

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

all problem people must be reported to ben the owner of sleuth. he is administration. he will put a stop to it. happy sleuthing

Leila Drew
Leila Drew

I agree with Missy. It's distracting to be in the middle of a game and have a window pop up with someone asking me how old I am and do I want to be their friend. It's interesting to learn about sleuths through the community sites and smail, but tough when I'm evaluating a suspect!

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

I think the chat facility is very useful, but have had a lot of trouble with abusive sleuths, usually ones who have done no cases, and are obviously not focussed on the game. The latest is Cute_Boy :), (not!) who gets verbally abusive if you do not want to chat. So be warned, if he 'pops up', put him on ignore!

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

There's also someone who shouts "eww" and "gross" all the time (a name with 'Beautiful' in it, not very... :( )...

sissyj25
sissyj25

I also have had alot of this trouble as I am one of the friends Seamus is talking about and I have reported to adm. I feel that the tool is very useful, But I think it should only be available to use if you are friends with that person. If your friends with them then you are cutting out all of the nonsense people that are here just to harrasse.

sissyj25
sissyj25

I just wanted to add the names of my culprits to my posting to try to shame them out of doing this crazy talk.On advice from a friend.
I had 3
1.Samrocks9
2.It'S BREE
3.DOOGIE
My hopes is that these people will see that we here at Slueth are not going to put up with it, or that someone else dealing with these people know they are not alone. Just copy, paste and smail it to Adm. so they are aware of whats going on.

develin
develin

I got a strange smail too. Some words were in dutch. The message came from someone called: daphene blake and said the following:

WOW!!!U ARE VERY HAPPY WITH A FACE LIKE DAT

I put him in "ignored" and reported it to the sleuth administrator

MirrorMirror
MirrorMirror

I too, got a message from: I_am_beauiful saying: "Yiou are so ugly i wanna vomit!"
I am aware that I am no raving beauty, however I am at a low enough point in my life without someone stating the obvious.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help