Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

How To Advance

S.E.Cannon
S.E.Cannon

Okay, this is probably a dumb question. But I'm having a problem advancing in this game. I have two new case contacts, and I'm up to the point where I'm getting some "very hard" cases. But I seem to be stuck there. I'm not getting skill points very often any more, and I can't seem to get another case contact.

I know I could subscribe, but I really don't think that that would help me because I NEVER have time to do more than four cases a day. In fact, I seldom have time to even do four. On work nights, the most I ever have time for is one case, and I don't even have time for one every work night. Once in awhile I'll do four on a Saturday or a day off from work. But by the time I've done four, I'm too tired to do another one, even if I do have time.

So is there any way I could get ahead on my time schedule? Or is this the highest I can ever go? Thanks in advance.

Replies
Tristan J. English
Tristan J. English

Very hard cases are only a little past the half way point as far as difficulty level for cases goes. As for the game, it really has still just begun. I'm not going to give too much away, but at this point you want to focus on finding "mysterious documents" found in very hard cases, and doing favors for people such as the socialite, priest and realtor. IT WILL TAKE YOU SOME TIME, but like I said, the game has really only just begun.

And for skill points, go back and do some easier cases. I just did a beginner case the other day (I wanted to do one more case but had very little time.) and I got a skill point for it. It seems to me people advance from one case level to another without really milking out all the available skill points. Hope this helps.

S.E.Cannon
S.E.Cannon

Thank you, Tristan! I think it will.

Belami
Belami

that was great advice. i too used to skip the easier cases but i find that when you are busy and tired, doing the beginning cases is a great way to quickly get to the Favor cases as well as make at least a few bucks along the way. i now do beginning cases at least as much as the harder ones. they will get you to the Favor cases just as well.

S.E.Cannon
S.E.Cannon

I'm STILL feeling frustrated with the game. I've managed to get enough standing points with the Priest to unlock the Bishop. And I've gotten 115 standing points with the Bishop now. And I've also managed to get enough standing points with the Reporter, now, so that she will offer me cases. So now I have four new case contacts: the desk sergeant, the reporter, the morgue assistant, and the Bishop. And the Bishop offers me three cases at a time. (The others each offer me two cases at a time.) So I've made a LITTLE bit of progress since my last post.

But I'm still not getting many more skill points, even though now I'm doing some very, very hard and some incredibly hard cases.

And my even BIGGER frustration is that now I'd like to start trying to get favor points with the Socialite so that I can unlock the Mayor. I've given her enough documents so that now I have 8 standing points with her. And any documents that I find, that can't be given to her, I'm hanging onto, because I don't want to lose points with her. I am NOT doing any more special missions for the Bishop, again, because I don't want to lose points with the Socialite.

But still, I can't do any favor cases for her because they won't come up! It drives me nuts because it just seems like I keep playing and playing to get to the favor cases, and it's not getting me anywhere because I can't get a favor case for her.

It will take me forever to get my standings with the Desk Sergeant, the Morgue Assistant, and the Reporter high enough that they will each offer me three cases at a time. But even if I can do that, I still doubt that it will much improve the odds of my getting offered a favor case for the Socialite, because a lot of the cases they're offering me now are just multiple favor cases for the same townie.

I guess I could just play each individual case as a "game," and not worry about trying to advance my detective. Each case would be kinda like a game of Clue. But I'm getting bored with that. And I get frustrated when the townies won't talk to me, I don'

S.E.Cannon
S.E.Cannon

My last post got cut off.

I was saying, I get frustrated when the townies won't talk to me, I don't have enough skills and I can't get the skill points to get them, and I seem to keep ending up spending a lot more money in bribes than what I make on a case.

I don't have time to be a "hard core gamer" and it looks like that's what it would take to get any farther with the game than where I am now. So I'm thinking that it's time to just quit this game and find a different pastime. At least my subscription money went to help Haiti, so it wasn't a waste of money. (Kudos to Hypothetical Software for doing that!)

But I thought that, before I give up, I'd try posting here again to see if anyone has any ideas that might help. Thanks in advance!

Tobias Johnson
Tobias Johnson

I am less than a newbie,i'm still in the womb . How do i break free? If anyone can answer that i'd be forever grateful.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help