Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

STANDING with WITNESS CONTACTS

Bobbindale
Bobbindale

I can't see any point building up 'Standing' points with 'Witness Contacts' as I seem better off keeping them at 'O'. Every time I use Charm or Intimidation I lose more points with them. Bribing can get into a lot of cash loss. And they don't lead on to 'Hidden Characters'. I have 2 - 3 favourites like Fact Checker and Waiter that I keep above 15 points to give me one more question I can ask before it's going to cost me. Anyone know something I'm not understanding here?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Well, you're half right there.

Witness Contacts:
Fact Checker
Bartender
Waiter
Receiving Nurse

Like you've said, if you have 15 standings, you get 1 free question and if you have 40 standings, you get 2 free questions.

Of course, if you're doing below Stupendously Hard (SH) case level, you'll noticed that out of max of 7 suspects in SH cases, some of them (townies) will still give you 1 free answer, regardless whether you have 15 standings with them or not, which you probably didn't notice. But when you start doing harder cases, you will find the need to get some answers from them (via standings), before you start bribing them.

And since you're below 100k xp, I suggest you focus on those WE townies one by one. For example, out of 4, focus on 2 first, so that you still can manipulate townies if you run out of options.

Witness townies:
1) Helps verify alibis (only townies can do it)
2) Helps with whereabouts (you can use research as well)
3) Helps with habits (you can ask other suspects as well)

So, you probably want to use research and other suspects in order to find whereabouts, so that you can leave the WE townies for verifying alibis, however, there are exceptions.

Exceptions happens when the suspects doesn't have any single matching profile to the evidence. For example, you have Female Fabric and Right-Handed Note, then you'll know a male with left hand giving you an alibi with waiter is not the killer, so you don't have to ask waiter to verify it.

Hope that helps. ^_^

Bobbindale
Bobbindale

I guess WE townies means;
Fact Checker
Bartender
Waiter
Receiving Nurse

I've got the first 3 up to 15 standings but glad to know about
Receiving Nurse

I only have 1 point in Research and haven't found much use for it yet.

Thanks

Bobbindale
Bobbindale

OOps! got only fact Checker and Waiter up to 15... so I lied about having 3 at 15 standings!! :(

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help