Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

shades.playsleuth.com

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

You may have noticed, we're having some network problems right now that we're working to resolve.

The primary domain name for Shades of Mystery, shades.playsleuth.com, is currently not working. So, if you made it here, you'll notice that the address in your browser's location bar is http:// followed by a bunch of numbers. This is a temporary solution, please do not bookmark any pages for the time being.

We're hoping to have everything sorted out by this evening, but in the meantime, if you always enter the site from the Sleuth homepage, everything should work correctly:

www.playsleuth.com

Thanks for your patience.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Thank you Ben for your prompt action. ^_^

Kerrigwen
Kerrigwen

Thank you! I haven't been here in quite a while, and I panicked when I got the error page. In the few seconds it took for me to think of trying the Sleuth homepage, all sorts of horrible scenarios flew through mind. =O

Glad that things are relatively okay. ^_^ Good luck/godspeed with the domain-name fixing. :-)

jessica 27
jessica 27

I also got horrified when I typed sleuth's address and got ADRESS NOT FOUND PAGE ,THANKS BEN ;)

Droid
Droid

That's the weirdest CNAME I've ever seen, it should point to ec2-174-129-21-155.compute-1.amazonaws.com but it points to a bunch of funny numbers ;)

LuluLemon17
LuluLemon17

Took me a while to realize! Thanks for the notice

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

The situation is fixed, thanks for your patience.

For the geeks:

As Droid noticed, prior to yesterday, we were defining shades.playsleuth.com (and the alternate records, shades.hypoware.com and shades.hypotheticalsoftware) as a CName that was pointing to an external DNS on Amazon's cloud. Yesterday we switched that reference to an IP address. When we made that change, the reference should have been changed to an A Record, but instead it was left as a CName. Hence the problem.

Sinthu
Sinthu

Hmmm......... that's odd. I never encountered such a problem. I kept this webpage under my favourites and could always access.

Jaya0810
Jaya0810

why does it say JS alert on my game

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

good question, Jaya, mine too.....???

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help