Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Blocking hunts

Droid
Droid

Quite a while ago when I was in AIU we had a bit of fun with Bilbot; we left a hunt on last case at 83 odd percent and all went to bed except Jo. She waited up half the night until suddenly he logged in and his agency did case after case and got to same 83 percent at which point Jo accused and he lost standing points for nothing.

A few months ago Darkness stopped playing, some of their members moved to other agencies, tome started again with new identities, again they left a case about 85 percent complete and eventually we had to risk losing points to clear that hunt, or maybe another agency cleared it, I don't remember that far back accurately.

Anyway, the point is that any agency can clog up hunts so that nobody else can open one that way so there has to be a mechanism to stop it from happening. I suggest one step gets removed and another randomly generated one gets added each day hunt isn't solved. Perhaps two steps removed from big agencies, and just one from small ones.

It will take some coding by Ben but it could be built into the daily maintenance schedule - knock those on last step back one place and make them do it again. As usual everyone's thoughts welcome although it's down to Ben to interpret it in software.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Everyone who's still playing this game, whether you're in an agency or not, NEVER give up, eventually the new contents will be added, in hope with a certain date.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

oh ok , sorry Droid.

and Joseph do you know more then us? with that board moderator Helen in your agency and all? Does she have HOT intel?

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

If a hunt is "blocked" you (and your agency) have a choice.
Your choice is- to steal or not to steal?

If your agency is set on hunting, and no other hunts are available- then go for it! This is a game, there are no sure things, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

I personally wish more agencies were competitive and raced against each other for a hunt, but things are a bit slower now.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Isaac:

Hehe...the reason why Helen is invited to my new agency is because I feel honoured to have her in my new agency & so far, I don't think I've ever specifically asked her about the new contents that Sleuth Admin are going to add, as I'm sure Sleuth Admin would keep it a secret too.

ms helen
ms helen

Hehehe I can assure you Joseph has had no 'inside info' from me at all. And to be honest if anything new is implemented you'll probably all know about it before I do anyway :)

Tarin
Tarin

Yeti still exists?

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Ah ok! Have fun all! :D

Droid
Droid

Tarin still exists, yay!

@Melody Anne, you missed an option, we could sit at last case until we wanted to do another, in effect reserving one for ourselves. I don't think that would be sporting though.

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

And Droid, that is all part of the game. You have choices to make, and if your agency wants to hunt, then you hunt, whether someone else has started all the hunts or not. It is a game. You take chances anytime you open a hunt, and the hunts are set up for multiple agencies to compete for the same hunt.
I think part of this initial thread was a response to Primatech taking a couple days to finish our hunt. We never complain now or in the past when it has taken other agencies time to finish their hunts. If there is a problem with us and our hunting style, you can address us directly instead of starting a thread such as this.
Just my honest opinion, take it or leave it.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

cool down... ^_^

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help