Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Quick Question...re: Mysteries-May sound a little silly...

M J Hart
M J Hart

Hey there,

Little new here and had a quick question, if i was to subscribe to this game for the year, i understand there is 30 mysteries a day, do these mysteries stay the same, ie- once 30 are done thats it? Or do they change over a period of time?

Many Thanks for any help.

Replies
Droid
Droid

Each case is generated randomly.

M J Hart
M J Hart

And approximately how many cases are there, would you know?

Thanks.

M J Hart
M J Hart

And approximately how many cases are there, would you know?

Thanks.

Sara Meyers
Sara Meyers

MJ,
I have been playing for almost a year and, as far as I can tell, have never had the same case twice. There are different levels of difficulty as you progress. I cannot imagine how many cases there are--I've played for hours and never got to 30 cases in a day!
Enjoy the game--it's a lot of fun and can be very challanging!
Sara

Droid
Droid

There are an infinite number of different cases because the server generates them randomly each time you ask for a case. No two are the same unless you count the tutorial.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

If you really want to count, you can actually start a table where you note down the following:

1) 1 handprint
2) 1 hair
3) 1 fabric
4) 1 footprint
5) 1 handwriting
6) 1 lipstick
7) 1 ashes
8) Combine 1 and 2, 1 and 3, 1 and 4, 1 and 5, 1 and 6, 1 and 7

lol...repeat with the rest and eventually until you get 3 same PE and 3 other PE, that would be millions of combination.

7 types of PE, that could expand up to 3 same PE:

7 X 3 X 3 = 63 combinations

that's the minimum combinations. haha..

Chivonne Reji
Chivonne Reji

Detective Joseph Chen, how in de world did u manage to cum up with all that???

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

lol, don't you think i'm smart? lol...just look at my xp, then you will know.

actually, no...i'm the dumbest player here, coz no matter how i try to promote players here to reach higher xp, so that sleuth admin don't have any reason not to add in new contents, i failed to convince players to achieve it. hence, most probably i'll be the next one to reset my detective after:

1) milmot2
2) Smarty
3) Azar (stopped playing)
4) Here...maybe I'll be here

Droid
Droid

I didn't understand it either Joseph.

Let's take just the crime scene and assume there are 4 rooms, 3 pieces of evidence, a body, a yellow note and a key; Since any of those 7 items can be in any room that gives that gives 4 to the power of 7 combinations which is over 16,000.

Now suspect 1 has 6 items in their 4 rooms so that's 4 to the power 6 which is over 4,000 combinations for them, and there are 6 suspects so that gives us 16,000 * 4000 * 4000 * 4000 * 4000 * 4000 * 4000 = 65536000000000000000000000000000000 possible randomly created games, I don't think even you will manage that many ;)

This is over simplified of course, doesn't take into account where the objects are placed within the rooms, what each suspect will say when interrogated so you can add a whole load more zeros to the number above but then it would be too big to fit 0n the page.

When you take into account that items on the floor may be anywhere on the floor you're looking at something like 10,000 possible positions of a footprint in a room, so that's a few hundred more zeros to add to the end of the already substancially large number of combinations.

Sara Meyers
Sara Meyers

Umm, Joseph and Droid.....with all due respect, you guys have too much time on your hands to even start to come up with all those figures!! (lol)

I'm really looking forward to getting harder cases--I'm doing IH now whenever possible.

This really is a great game.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help