Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Case Solving Tips (For Newbies Only)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Case Solving Tips:

In order to solve cases, there's a few steps that players need to go through, are as follows:

1) Crime Scene Checking - To collect physical evidence (PE).
2) Analyzing PE - Done at the Flop House (At Doyleburgh).
3) Interviewing Suspects, which includes:
- Getting Alibis from suspects
- Getting Leads from suspects
4) Verify Alibis given by suspects and Collecting Samples from suspect's houses.
5) Matching samples from Fake Alibi suspects against physical evidence by getting PE-Townies to check them for you.

If you're lucky enough to get 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect, right after checking samples against physical evidence, then you can research at police station, hospital or Daily Monitor for Motive of this suspect. However, if you get less than 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect after checking samples against physical evidence, then you need to visit all other suspects and ask them for proof against this Fake Alibi Suspect (with < than 3 stars).

{To Be Continued...)

Replies
shamyhia
shamyhia

i got a case incorrert

crazyjoe7
crazyjoe7

Hi, I just want to confirm the algorithm for dying suspects.

1) Suspect must have been asked for leads.
2) Suspect's alibi must have been confirmed. This can happen even if the the suspect has not said his/her alibi.

Example (in this order):
1) A has been asked for leads (but not alibi).
2) B says he was with A.
3) A is still alive
4) C says he was with A.
5) A is now dead.
Therefore B has the fake alibi.

Can someone confirm this?

If this is correct, what is the strategy that you guys use to get around this?

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Is there a purpose in preventing suspect(s) from dying? The main purpose in case solving is to find the killer and if:

1) The suspect's alibi turn out to be real, then he/she is definitely not the killer.
2) The suspect's alibi turn out to be fake, then he/she could be the killer.
3) The suspect's alibi turn out to be unknown and unconfirmed (because he/she has died), then he/she is definitely not the killer but then those suspects who has alibi with this dead suspect will have unknown alibi.

If one or more suspects' alibi is with the dead suspect and you didn't ask for alibi from this dead suspect, then the only way to solve the case is by matching all the physical evidence (assuming you didn't missed any physical evidence) and try to confirm who is the killer by getting 3 stars.

Just remember this, even if a suspect has 3 stars (part of the stars has to come from physical evidence as each physical evidence has to match a suspect) but that doesn't mean the suspect with 3 stars is the killer if he/she has unconfirmed alibi.

Hope this helps.

leone8
leone8

how is it possible to have motive, a fake alibi, witness testimony, and physical evidence and only have two stars on a suspect?

Colby McIntyre
Colby McIntyre

These are great tips Detective Joseph Chen!

April Fool
April Fool

to Qansea, when you are at a witnesses house and you want info on a suspect you ask for it. if the witness shuts down and won't tell you you then will see some options on what to do next. one option will be to negotiate whether or not to use kindness or intimidation... also when buying keys . when you have a bit of negotiation skills you can buy keys cheaper.. i do believe... i'm new too but have done some research in the news feeds. im curious about cases where you have used your money, used all your training and still do not have 3 stars on anyone and All your witnesses clam up! LOL... drop the case? that doesn't seem like the right thing to do :(

hhhhh123
hhhhh123

were do go for tobacoo samples

Roberto Ruiz
Roberto Ruiz

@ hhhhh123

The Tobacconeer in the Wanstroths Department Store in North Christie.

sofia johnson
sofia johnson

heyy!!!.....i am stuck in a casa and the main problem is that i have got only a lipstick on the crime scene.....so how can i find the killer!!

sofia johnson
sofia johnson

case****

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help