Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Case Solving Tips (For Newbies Only)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Case Solving Tips:

In order to solve cases, there's a few steps that players need to go through, are as follows:

1) Crime Scene Checking - To collect physical evidence (PE).
2) Analyzing PE - Done at the Flop House (At Doyleburgh).
3) Interviewing Suspects, which includes:
- Getting Alibis from suspects
- Getting Leads from suspects
4) Verify Alibis given by suspects and Collecting Samples from suspect's houses.
5) Matching samples from Fake Alibi suspects against physical evidence by getting PE-Townies to check them for you.

If you're lucky enough to get 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect, right after checking samples against physical evidence, then you can research at police station, hospital or Daily Monitor for Motive of this suspect. However, if you get less than 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect after checking samples against physical evidence, then you need to visit all other suspects and ask them for proof against this Fake Alibi Suspect (with < than 3 stars).

{To Be Continued...)

Replies
Xee
Xee

So let's say you're on a case, and all the evidence points to a suspect with a real alibi, according to the game the killer will have at least 3 stars of incriminating evidence, but you can't get over three stars worth of evidence on somebody with a fake alibi; all of the suspects are 'clammed up' so I can't find a motive to arrest somebody else. Is there anything I can do?

Azureblue
Azureblue

Ok I have ask all suspects for leads in regards to the case and none of them names the second suspect, I have managed to uncover a name via a house search of another suspect but now I have no idea how to uncover where they live as none of the other suspects know about this person. Where do I go?

Azureblue
Azureblue

no worries figured it out but also failed =/

Kolb
Kolb

First, a question...
Which skill should I improve first?
I didn't know which one is the most appropriated, so I spent some points in "research", but I don't know if it was a good idea

Kolb
Kolb

My hints for beginner (like me)

I always ask for the alibis and their locations, so I know who are lying (and that's all for now)
After with lock picking, I invade the liars' houses to search for evidences
After checking all of them, I see who has the most stars and start asking everybody about that person and if I think the murderer is really that person, I accuse him/her

It usually works for me, so for now I am doing this

Crystallynn79
Crystallynn79

Use townies to find out whereabouts (bartender, nurse, waiter, fact checker). As you progress, you will need all the questions you can get with suspects in case your case hinges on WE.

Pro killer
Pro killer

Erm...where should i improve my necromancy skill? And how to use it? Thanks.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Necromancy is a skill used to talk to dead suspects. You dont currently need that skill since you need to be higher case levels then you are currently being offered. Also how to obtain that skill has been posted many time over. Your a detective do a little.

Inspector Stanley Hopkins
Inspector Stanley Hopkins

Help!

I am doing a favor case...
I manage to get all PE...
3 Suspects has all real alibi and gave no more leads..
I tried to search all the houses and the crime scene for a signed note(which gives me some lead and there are none...

What should I do?

Pete P
Pete P

You probably missed a yellow signed not somewhere. Sometimes they are hidden well behind plants. When in a room hit the tab key on your keyboard to see all that can be clicked on. You can also hit the space bar to act as your click.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help