Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Case Solving Tips (For Newbies Only)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Case Solving Tips:

In order to solve cases, there's a few steps that players need to go through, are as follows:

1) Crime Scene Checking - To collect physical evidence (PE).
2) Analyzing PE - Done at the Flop House (At Doyleburgh).
3) Interviewing Suspects, which includes:
- Getting Alibis from suspects
- Getting Leads from suspects
4) Verify Alibis given by suspects and Collecting Samples from suspect's houses.
5) Matching samples from Fake Alibi suspects against physical evidence by getting PE-Townies to check them for you.

If you're lucky enough to get 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect, right after checking samples against physical evidence, then you can research at police station, hospital or Daily Monitor for Motive of this suspect. However, if you get less than 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect after checking samples against physical evidence, then you need to visit all other suspects and ask them for proof against this Fake Alibi Suspect (with < than 3 stars).

{To Be Continued...)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

For Very Hard cases and below (including Hard, Intermediate, Easy and Beginner), there's no need to ask for leads UNLESS you've searched all houses and really sure that you didn't miss the yellow notes.

However, because dead suspect start to appear in Hard cases and up, it would be better for you not to confirm the Alibi of those suspect with a given townie to prevent them to end up dead upon confirming their Alibi.

Granville
Granville

I have some evidence trapped underneath the body. It is right in the middle and when I click on it I just keep getting the body.

How do I get this trapped evidence in the crime scene?

Thanks

develin
develin

Use your tab key. It will highlight the body, but after that it will highlight a smaller part. Then hit the enter button, and you have your evidence. :)

Spyjr.
Spyjr.

When choosing cases, if the case offers the lower amount of money as a reward does it mean that that case is the easiest of the two?

Or does it not matter as long as they're both the same level?

Isabetta
Isabetta

I have a question, I need to find a motive for the person i believe is the crinimal but i don't have a research skill and everyone has clammed up?

Ahmadford
Ahmadford

How do we use Necromancy?

Ahmadford
Ahmadford

Isabetta, Quit the case. It happened to me once :(.

Marco Roshinski
Marco Roshinski

@Spyjr.

I'm pretty sure the difficulty is only determined by the case level, and the pay is just another random element.

However, my observations suggest a correlation between pay and ease (lower pay cases have the murder weapon is a fake alibi's house, for example - as opposed to having to collect Witness Evidence againts multiple fake Alibis with Physical Evidence against them).

I don't have any hard evidence of this, however, and it would be harder to code for.

MR.

harsharanya
harsharanya

can ne one help me i m going to solve my first hard level case i need TIPS FOR HARD LEVEL CASE
like in the beginer -there r less suspects n only 1 fake alibi suspect
in the easy -there r atleast 5 suspects n 1 or 2 fake alibis
in intermediate - we get 5 suspects but the sixth one is not
introduced so we have to go at everyones
home to find clue(signed note )or key even
if some suspect have real alibi
but what about HARD LEVEL i m pretty shore there must b some new difficulty or trick so what is it can ne one HELP
IN HARD LEVEL - ????????????????????????????

harsharanya
harsharanya

BUT YET I HAD NOT TRIED HARD LEVEL

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help