Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Case Solving Tips (For Newbies Only)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Case Solving Tips:

In order to solve cases, there's a few steps that players need to go through, are as follows:

1) Crime Scene Checking - To collect physical evidence (PE).
2) Analyzing PE - Done at the Flop House (At Doyleburgh).
3) Interviewing Suspects, which includes:
- Getting Alibis from suspects
- Getting Leads from suspects
4) Verify Alibis given by suspects and Collecting Samples from suspect's houses.
5) Matching samples from Fake Alibi suspects against physical evidence by getting PE-Townies to check them for you.

If you're lucky enough to get 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect, right after checking samples against physical evidence, then you can research at police station, hospital or Daily Monitor for Motive of this suspect. However, if you get less than 3 stars on a Fake Alibi Suspect after checking samples against physical evidence, then you need to visit all other suspects and ask them for proof against this Fake Alibi Suspect (with < than 3 stars).

{To Be Continued...)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

With one additional note:

Always remember to pick up all samples from every suspect's houses, just in case later in the case, you found out that none of the fake alibi suspects matches any of the PE found, the reason could be that all the PE found so far matches the real alibi suspects.

If you don't have a habit to pick up all samples, you'll have a tough time going back each fake alibi suspect's houses to collect the rest of the samples.

Another thing to remember is yellow note. Always note down in which houses that you found a yellow note during first round visiting, as you could have missed yellow notes from houses during the first round visiting.

Qansea
Qansea

How do you use negotiation skills?

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

You don't.

You just have them, they work automatically.

There's nothing you can do with them in the game, they lower automatically the prices you pay for keys (or other things you might need or want) and also the bribes.

Qansea
Qansea

oh ok! thanks!!

Disgraced Doctor: Caine

Question:
When you have only 1 physical evidence found in the crime scene, can you be sure that you can accuse the suspect that matches this physical evidence?

Answer:
When you've make sure that there's no other physical evidence found in the crime scene AND there's no other suspect that has the same profile that could match the physical evidence AND you've unlocked all the suspects in the suspect's lists.

Question:
But only VH case level and below shows the number of suspects in the lists, how do you determined that you've unlocked all the suspects or is there anymore suspects to find?

Answer:
Similar to VH case level, VVH, IH and SH case level can have up to 7 suspects and the only way to make sure you've found them all is by asking alibi and lead questions and also search all the current suspects' houses for yellow notes.

Question:
I kept facing with cases which I had to quit or missed the deadline, how do I solve this?

Answer:
If these happens too frequent, then you have 2 choices, which depends whether you're in an agency or not. Choice 1, if you're in an agency, when you've asked all the current suspects for their alibi and leads and you've search all their houses, but found no yellow notes, then you can store into your case file with notes of what kind of help you need with the case. Choice 2, if you're not in an agency and you've done all you can, then your only choice is not to be stubborn and instead of doing the highest case level possible, its recommended for you to do lower case level to build up money and skills.

Question:
I have more than 1 physical evidence found in the crime scene, who should I match samples first?

Answer:
First, you look at the suspects' profile to see if the suspect have any matching with the physical evidences found. Let say if the suspect doesn't have any profile matching to all the physical evidence found, then you don't have to bother to collect the required samples. For an example, if suspect A has 1 of 3 matching profiles, if you want to save your manipulation skills, then you don't have to ask his/her alibi, at least not until you find out if the physical evidence match to him/her. If suspect B has all 3 matching profiles, then it is crucial for you to find out the alibi first before proceeding to match physical evidence.

Question:
Will physical evidence match to a dead suspect?

Answer:
Yes, physical evidence will match to dead suspect, no matter if he/she has real or fake alibi.

Question:
Is it necessary to match all the physical evidences found?

Answer:
It is not necessary to match all the physical evidences found, especially to dead suspect and real alibi suspect, but if you have limited skills and resources or there's too many fake alibi suspects to match, then this is one way to narrow down the killer, as if you found a match for a physical evidence to a real or dead suspect, that means there's one less physical evidence to check against your fake alibi suspects.

Nia Rainne
Nia Rainne

What should I do if I take a case (intermediate) that will boost my standing with a townie, and they give me one lead--that lead gives me the same alibi and lead, and the next person confirms that alibi and gives me no more leads? In short, the only two leads I have give legitimate alibis (each other) and I can't get anymore leads out of them? I found labeled keys at the crime scene, but how do I match addresses to those names?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

For Very Hard cases and below (including Hard, Intermediate, Easy and Beginner), there's no need to ask for leads UNLESS you've searched all houses and really sure that you didn't miss the yellow notes.

However, because dead suspect start to appear in Hard cases and up, it would be better for you not to confirm the Alibi of those suspect with a given townie to prevent them to end up dead upon confirming their Alibi.

Granville
Granville

I have some evidence trapped underneath the body. It is right in the middle and when I click on it I just keep getting the body.

How do I get this trapped evidence in the crime scene?

Thanks

develin
develin

Use your tab key. It will highlight the body, but after that it will highlight a smaller part. Then hit the enter button, and you have your evidence. :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help