Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Quick Poll on New Features

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I'm working on a few smaller things right now, but there are three bigger updates that I'm considering. Which of these three sounds the most interesting to you?

1) Visitable in-game Agency headquarters where each agent can decorate to their tastes.

2) NPC Sidekicks that you earn who can help you with your cases. An example would be you could tell your sidekick to go stake out a suspect's house and search it when they leave, or question them when they arrive and automatically report back to you when they've completed their task.

3) Mini-puzzles for some skills, like a lockpicking mini game or a research puzzle.

4) More special/rare room types with puzzles built in that require solving to access their containers. I've got a few ideas about how these could be designed in such a way that the puzzles are fairly replayable so that they can continue to provide some challenge even after you've played them a few times.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I'm working on a few smaller things right now, but there are three bigger updates that I'm considering. Which of these three sounds the most interesting to you?

1) Visitable in-game Agency headquarters where each agent can decorate to their tastes.
Quite Interesting - Ranked 4.

2) NPC Sidekicks that you earn who can help you with your cases. An example would be you could tell your sidekick to go stake out a suspect's house and search it when they leave, or question them when they arrive and automatically report back to you when they've completed their task.
Interesting - Ranked 3.

3) Mini-puzzles for some skills, like a lockpicking mini game or a research puzzle.
Very Interesting - Ranked 2.

4) More special/rare room types with puzzles built in that require solving to access their containers. I've got a few ideas about how these could be designed in such a way that the puzzles are fairly replayable so that they can continue to provide some challenge even after you've played them a few times.
Awesome - Ranked 1.

Coats doesn't contribute to Treasure Hunt?
lol...the best way is to remove its attribute, whereby if coats really do help out in treasure hunts, what's the use of gaining standings for those townies?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

The best way for Ben to be able to fix the coats is through testing. Has anyone of you ever wonder to invite Ben into your agency so that he could test out the coats while doing Treasure Hunts? If NO, then why kept on bugging him?

Sofia EJ
Sofia EJ

I like the first and third options

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

I like the idea of having the sidekick search houses for me, or having them do the boring waiting around bit, so that would be my first choice.
Second would be the mini puzzles for extra skills, I think, although it's a close run thing with the puzzles to unlock rooms/containers.
Finally the decoratable (is that a real word?) rooms - actually I would prefer to be able to change my detective appearence, maybe dye my hair, or buy a new top or something.

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

I'm with you on the detective Jen; I was messing around putting features together (had fun doing a bunch) when I was doing my detective, it started looking like someone, I went to play the game (made my name the first thing I could think of because I didn't plan on sticking around- fell in love with Sleuth, ended up loving it and subscribing and then I couldn't change my detective and was stuck with Ms. GrumpyFace there...

Ben, could you ever have a new townie, "Plastic Surgeon" where we can spend 4 challenges and $85,000 and buy ourselves a new identity? *grin* ...just kidding... kinda...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Peach:

lol...I wished I never put the word "Detective" before my name, as I end up to be "Detective Detective Joseph Chen" ^_^ hahaha

allie303
allie303

The sidekick thing sounds awesome.

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

Oh yeah Joseph! That's right! Does that make you "twice" the detective as anyone else? *grin*

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Peach:
lol...

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

droid i agree with you 100\% about xray specs!!!!!

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help