Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Quick Poll on New Features

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I'm working on a few smaller things right now, but there are three bigger updates that I'm considering. Which of these three sounds the most interesting to you?

1) Visitable in-game Agency headquarters where each agent can decorate to their tastes.

2) NPC Sidekicks that you earn who can help you with your cases. An example would be you could tell your sidekick to go stake out a suspect's house and search it when they leave, or question them when they arrive and automatically report back to you when they've completed their task.

3) Mini-puzzles for some skills, like a lockpicking mini game or a research puzzle.

4) More special/rare room types with puzzles built in that require solving to access their containers. I've got a few ideas about how these could be designed in such a way that the puzzles are fairly replayable so that they can continue to provide some challenge even after you've played them a few times.

Replies
ms helen
ms helen

Just my two cents here. I think there are two things that should be done first; sort the coats out and protecting agency lockers. (I'm guessing this would be fairly easy for you Ben as you can just copy what's in place on Noir).

The other ideas all look interesting. I like the first idea but if this is only going to be a cosmetic change then maybe this should come last?

The minigames idea in my opinion would be best to begin with because it would give all those who have been around a while something new to do.

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

Good point about the minigames Helen.

I just wanted to add that I have no problems (at this point) with any game bugs.

I do want my coat back though- I don't know if that rookie will ever be back and it cost app. 14 of my 21 challenge points : ( Am I whining? : )

Sara Meyers
Sara Meyers

I've heard so much about coats-----does one need to be an agency member in order to learn about them?

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

You don't need to be in an agency to "learn" about them : ) but you do need to belong to an agency to "buy" one as, I believe, all the coats require challenge points (with cold hard cash) to purchase one. Though now that I think about it you can earn challenge points by winning a showdown and the lab coat (which I find the most useful) is only one challenge point. So if you win (and you have to play against someone) you could buy a coat. Uh... unless you have to belong to an agency to participate in Showdowns (but I don't think so- don't know for sure).

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

You guys know that you're all really bad at answering simple questions, right?

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Special Mission timer is fixed now.

Droid
Droid

I like the idea of a sidekick to search houses, but that's because it takes 5 minutes per house on my home PC. I'd still like X-ray Spex to see that I haven't missed anything in the rooms.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

okay all he wants a quick answer ben i like number three myself HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Fletchi
Fletchi

hi ben

1 sounds good i know just the lady to decorate pic's if u put this feature in ( please include balloons in your decorating options)
and 2 sounds good also

weefoot
weefoot

I like number 2 & 3. I really do like mini puzzles, but i would love for someone to search a house for me. That would save me so much time.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help