Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Ballrooms/Grandhalls

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

On higher difficulty levels, in larger houses, you sometimes see a room called a "Ballroom" or a "Grand Hall" which looks suspiciously like a living room. I've tweaked those rooms so that they have less stuff in them. Still not so grand, but at least they are a different room type. Hoping to grand them up a bit more soon.

Please let me know if you have any difficulty with a ballroom or grand hall loading once you've clicked on it in the floor map.

Replies
RosieS
RosieS

Hiya, Ben! <waving madly>

The bad news is that the Grand Hall in a Crime Scene wouldn't load; the other rooms just coughed up a Signed Note and a Key.

The good news is I didn't waste any money on this case.

Oops...didn't save b'cuz I hadn't read that I should. I'll save the next GH that won't load for ya.

Thanks much!

Fond Regards from RosieS

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

I don't know if this had anything to do with it (and things are running slow from my end) but I didn't get my free questions from Police Clerk and things are running EXTREMELY slow.

This may or may not have anything to do with working on things.

Droid
Droid

Saved The Unique Mystery of the Unknown Shenanigan - Virgil's house in North Cristie, ballroom on top floor won't load.

I presume you can open without me sending you an invite to join PiC althought it would be quite cool to have a "Sleuth Admin has resigned" broadcast mesage ;)

Droid
Droid

Idea for decorating ball room, have yellow notes and things hidden behind a football, click on balls and they roll around.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Ok, the problem with the ballrooms that get stuck at 100\% should now be fixed for any new cases you create.

Unfortunately, I can't easily fix existing cases right now. If you have a case with a stuck ballroom and you don't think you can solve it without accessing the ballroom, please quit it and notify me. I will remove the quit case from your record.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

The problem was that new mysteries were trying to place objects on shelves that don't exist. Shouldn't be happening on new cases anyway.

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

My ballroom on second floor opened fine now- and other problem resolved.

(Floating objects? Haunted rooms- might be fun!)

Droid
Droid

Coats on the floor when there's a good coat hook nearby, glasses under the table - and I'm pretty sure the objects in the fire place ought to be on the mantle :)

Jane Middleton
Jane Middleton

Cool! I'll look out for the changes.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Ok, Ballrooms are a bit more interesting now. Let me know if you spot any more problems with them loading.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help