Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Unfinished Coat Business Wrapped Up

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

We've just completed some work on equippable items (just coats for now) that fills out their features as originally envisioned:

1) Coats and Treasure Hunts:

The neighborhood bonuses given by coats now apply towards starting and advancing Treasure Hunts.

2) Coats and Agency Lockers:

Coats can now be stored in Agency Lockers. A coat takes just as much room as any other item in the locker. You also don't need to leave an extra space open in the locker in order to swap coats, just grab the one you want and the one you are wearing will be automatically stored.

Note, as of now, any coat stored in a locker can be removed by any member of your agency. I'm looking into adding a way to store a coat as private or require a minimum agency rank when you store it.

3) Coats now degrade with use:

There are a lot of details to this, but suffice to say that if you take an action while wearing a potentially beneficial coat, it will incur some wear. For instance, Lab coats only get damage when analyzing evidence, not when questioning a witness.

I think I have it balanced so that a highly active detective could expect their coat to last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, but I'll be paying close attention and may tweak item durability a few times while we figure out the right rate of decay.

As an item wears, the amount of money you can sell it for will drop as well. There is currently no way to repair a damaged item, but there will be soon.

Enjoy, and look for accessories soon.

Replies
Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

The coats should now be working correctly in Treasure Hunts.

Thanks to everybody who reported the bug, but in the future, please be sure to be as specific as you can when reporting bugs. I had some trouble reproducing the bug conditions because I wasn't exactly sure about the initial standing levels and precisely which coats people were talking about not working on hunts.

I was able to reproduce and fix the problem, but the process took quite a bit longer than necessary because I had to try lots of different combinations of standing levels and coats in order to isolate the bug.

Dawn Chorus
Dawn Chorus

Fantastic news!

Thanks Ben.

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

Thanks Ben- the only coat I had used in TH was Lab Coat and it worked fine.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

okay great job ben, but it would be neat if we could actually see the coat on our detective!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work ben and all the other sleuths!!!!!!

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

I bought a Checked coat to get 3 case offers
... but i still have 2.

MOBBOS 35 (+13)

Can u make this work BEN?

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Oh , correction it does work now.... :D just needed an extra case.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Does anyone take note how many cases does the coats last?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I know Sleuth Admin as been busy with introducing new game achievement prizes and items. But I am still curious when the coat repair option will be available (assuming from tailor) ?

Would be a great option I am sure having a set price for each coat to repair, no matter the condition (ie worn, almost gone) would be the way to go and easiest.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I only mention this because I do believe Ben had mention this was going to be available in one of the threads regarding coats.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Repairing Coats sounds awesome. ^_^ But limit it to certain number of repairs or else players end up repairing the same coat again and again or even each repair allows up to certain number of cases or even each repair price becomes higher and higher.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help