Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Suggestion to Sleuth Admin

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

I was thinking how you can encourage players to do more cases, is by setting a new rule. After players done with their 3 favors, for 3 consecutive highest level cases that they've unlocked done successfully, 1 higher level cases are offered by their case giver, only 1.

example:
3 SH done, then 1 RH is offered
if only 2 SH done + 1 IH done, then this 1 RH won't be offered
3 RH done, then 1 AI is offered

hehe...I would think by adding this rule, players would automatically try their best to do more cases (highest level possible), in order to enjoy a bonus higher level case.

Regards,
Joseph

Replies
weefoot
weefoot

I really like having a goal of getting the case giver. It really gives me something to work towards. If I got the cases earlier I don't think It would be such a surprise for me when I actually got the new case giver. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the suggestions.

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

Good point Isaac, I hadn't thought about the skills to solve but now that I think about it, you don't HAVE to take the harder cases and I think most people can solve a case one level up without too much difficulty- though I do agree that most people already do what they have the time for.

Sly Springstone
Sly Springstone

Why not just add a 4th favor per day for subscribed players instead?

Sly Springstone
Sly Springstone

While we're making suggestions...

I've been thinking of a few good ways to make showdowns more popular:

1 - Allow unsubscribed players to take part in one showdown per day. This measure would greatly expand the number of potential showdown participants.

2 - Make people aware of the case's level before the start of showdown. Players with less experience wouldn't be as scared to try showdowns if they knew they were not going to have to play a SH case when they're not ready for it yet.

3 - Make it so showdown Quits do not count on player's "permanent record". Maybe players wouldn't be so afraid of trying showdowns if they knew it wouldn't hurt their stats if they failed to solve the case because of time constraint. False Accusations should still count though to make sure players do not just accuse the first possible suspect in a bid to solve the case and win the showdown before others do.

Fletchi
Fletchi

really like the 4th favor per day idea.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

i absolutely love the fourth favor idea hhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllll
happy sleuthing all. yyyyyeeeeeee hhhhhhhaawwwwwwwwwwww

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Isaac:
Peach is right, you don't have to do it, even 1 harder cases is offered to you, its all your choice.

If Sleuth Admin really intend to add a 4th favor per day, why not implementing a 5 days TH, as follows:

Currently, the biggest TH needs 9 favors, so i take this as an example. For this 5 days TH, each day, the participating agencies can only contribute 9 favors, for 5 consecutive days for a total of 45 favors in order to win the hunt. Townies can repeat, but not within the same day.

Let say if an agency done 9 favors on 1st day and only 7 on the 2nd day, and 9 on day 3, 4 and 5, but still need a 6th day to contribute another 2 favors in order to win this TH. Then as a penalty, this agency cannot start another TH on the next monday. If Sleuth Admin doesn't want the TH to be dragged too long, then he can either shorten the days to 3 days or even shorten the total favors needed to 30 for a 5 days TH. That would be fun. ^_^

Back to my idea, I think it would really encourage players to do their hardest case possible in order to get a bonus case. lol, if will not work for those who only do beginners to get through their favors, but in case you didn't notice, this bonus only apply after the player has done all his/her 3 favors.

p/s: @Isaac, I hope you're not worried because I think this rule shouldn't apply to players who have unlock Almost Impossible case level. ^_^

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

I like the idea of a bigger longer TH, that woulkd be fun, and I like the idea of four favours a day but I certainly wouldn't want to see any more than that, the game shouldn't be too easy.

Droid
Droid

It isn't in Ben's interest to get players to do more cases per day. He'd have to buy a faster virtual server for the same amount of income. What would be ideal would be if we all subscribed but didn't do any cases at all.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I actually like original idea of Joseph's. Do your 3 favors at highest level offered and 1 added at next level. Take it or leave it, no harm no foul.

Maybe add a rule certian amount of those cases have to be done a day to open such favor? Just a thought but I like the idea. Always good to come up with ways to get in more play time.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help