Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Favourite time to accuse

contentedwithlife
contentedwithlife

Its been a habit of mine, when I have extra time and have confirmed my suspect with knowledge of his habits, I would accuse him/her at roughly 9-11pm.
Its just a habit so that I start the next case at that time, and usually suspects are at home after midnight..

Any favourite timings? Or are the cases too time tight?

Replies
jen plaidy
jen plaidy

To be honest, some of the suspects keep such odd hours that I don't realy think it makes any difference - especially as the poor townies are on duty 24/7!

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

I do the same SLY..rofl @ I'm a "go with the flow" kind of guy.

contentedwithlife
contentedwithlife

@jen: Actually, the timings are predictable. I've seen it from a website (forgot which one).
They are predictable to a certain extent. Eg, someone who goes out at 10pm will reach home at 6am.
Nobody goes out from 11pm to 4am.. Hence on average suspects are at home at about 2 - 4am
Catch my drift? Just some food for thought to include into your strategies. ^^

DCI Dani Silver
DCI Dani Silver

Yes the timing are predicable ..
I found out the suspect no 1 the client..
Each suspect I found will go out at different times
Most of mine had be 01:00 or it could be 12:00pm or am..
the best thing to have it a lock pick use it wisely though as the price of key increase..

Java Josette
Java Josette

i ask when i have proof and when i'm tired of going through everyone's houses.
but it is great to me if it's first thing in the morning....going to work? no today you're going to jail. (have fun with that)

Droid
Droid

I go around in circles, 8 hour they are away and 7 hours to visit all of them. But you can get messed up if you find skeleton key or mysterious doc as they take a couple of hours to look at.

It is a good idea to start early morning or late evening, avoid midnight since the GUI callse this 12 - AM/PM

Nonsuch time, 12 before noon is same as 12 after noon - midnight.

Annabel of Malaysia
Annabel of Malaysia

If I'm fast running out of manipulation/money I try to do it ASAP, otherwise I wait till I've searched everyone's houses for keys, mysterious documents and so on.

What makes me do a double take in a case is when two suspects are listed as husband/wife of the deceased. Could THAT be a motive for the murder, maybe? It definitely makes me want to come to an accusation quicker.

Ricki24
Ricki24

If I've pretty much made sure I know who the murderer is, I'll usually try to accuse them then and there. If they're not home when I try to accuse them I go around and try to find more 'Proof' from another suspect. Just to feel like I've really got them pinned down. ;)

As for house searching, I make the suspects with fake alibi's my top priority and will eventually get around to searching everyone's house when I need more evidence or new suspects (through the yellow notes). Plus, I LOVE finding bank keys, documents, and hidden compartments. :)

Kara Dublock
Kara Dublock

I like to finish one or two days before the deadline ;) I usually find a document at the beginning or middle of a case though, so I never look really hard for one. I only spend a majority of my time looking for yellow notes to save manipulation for last resorts.

Sara Meyers
Sara Meyers

I don't see where accusing a suspect at a certain time would be beneficial--maybe I'm missing something?? I just try and keep a watch on the time remaining; that determines whether I keep searching in the hope of finding a document or skeleton key after I know for sure who the guilty party is. So, I tend to agree with Sly and Isaac--if they're home, talk; if they're away, snoop!

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help