Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Sleuth Mail Changes (for real this time)

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I think I have a more pleasant Sleuth Mail experience in place for people now. Mailboxes now page, and the multi deleting/saving is controlled with checkboxes. Sorry about the false start a couple weeks ago.

There may still be a few rough edges, but I think this setup is much more manageable than the old un-paged / delete-all setup. If you do have any problems with the new Sleuth Mail system, please respond to this thread with:
1) What the bug is (be as specific as possible please)
2) The type and version of your browser
3) Your computer's OS (Windows, Mac... Chrome OS anybody?)

Assuming the updated Sleuth Mail is working for everybody, I'm planning on deleting all un-saved messages that are more than two months old. So, be sure to save any older messages that you want to hold onto.

For you Noir players, I'm planning on moving this update over to Sleuth Mail there as well soon too.

Happy Sleuth Mailing!

Replies
Wrestler101
Wrestler101

wow this is sudden how are you certain it will work?

Wrestler101
Wrestler101

i mean because last time it didnt work... so what if this isnt the right way to accumilate this

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Thank you Ben. ^_^

Will let you know if there's any problem with the new Sleuth Mail changes.

Droid
Droid

Hmm, can 'check all' on one page but not check all of inbox and then de-select a few and I've got about 50 pages to go through.

shalline
shalline

I found last time that the delete all button worked for me. Hopefully everything is working again!

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

I don't know whether it works for me or not as I used the 'delete all' button last week.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

everything is fine on my end this is much easier ben thank you

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Hmm. Not sure what to tell you there Droid. Seems to me that 50 pages of messages is going to be a pain to manage regardless of what interface I put on it.

Changing the page length from 12 messages to 20 might help out your particular situation, but it will mean longer scroll bars.

If you really don't want to risk losing those older messages, you should be able to just hit the check all box at the top of each page and "save checked". You need to do it for 50 pages, but at least that's easier than doing it fr 700 individual messages.

nini79
nini79

hiya im new to this and a bit lost how do i meet other detectives?

Azar
Azar

It works very well. I cleaned my mailbox yesterday.

Droid - I had 116 pages in inbox and 94 in sent, but I managed :) It took me about 40 minutes.

Thanks Ben.

BTW - any news about new features in the game? We are looking for some kind AV hunt or other challenges :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help