Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Earning Skill Points - a suggestion

Lia Nance
Lia Nance

I've read quite a bit on how difficult it is to earn skill points later in the game and have started experiencing the drop off for myself. While I recognize that some of the intent may be to keep things from getting too easy, I find that it also removes a fun element from the game.

People play for different reasons. Some play to solve cases, to participate in the community (TH, agencies, etc), to grow their detective, or a combination of all of these. While the first two have plenty of opportunities, the third seems to almost disappear.

So my suggestion - Sleuth Academy
After a player reaches a certain exp level (100,000 for example) a new area could open up, allowing players to "learn" skill points in exchange for cash (tuition, if you will) and challenge points.

Example: Player X receives 1 skill point for $5,000 and 1 challenge point. Limit 1 class per cycle.

The player still has to earn money by playing cases or being part of a generous agency. Challenge points still have to be earned through THs or Showdowns. It adds value to the existing game play options while giving a new reward to spend on, and allowing those who want to keep learning skills (or correct an earlier error) the chance to do so.

It also allows for future skills to be added to the game later without penalizing long-time players who would find it difficult to scrape together enough skill points to learn them.

Just a thought.

Replies
Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

@KIM off course new idea's are always welcome! :D
They might lead to something nice :) Like we have a showdown every hour now...

Floridajolie
Floridajolie

you guys are talking BIG numbers.

5k is too little????? i don't even HAVE that :(

Sarah Bukate
Sarah Bukate

Yes, but by 100,000 xp, you've probably done a whole bunch of cases, and as the difficulty level increases, the reward becomes greater. And therefore, 5k would be nothing.

contentedwithlife
contentedwithlife

Thumbs up! ^^
At least a reward for not getting FAs should be in order..

Tom Lauden
Tom Lauden

HOW DO YOU EVEN INCREASE YOUR FRIGGING SKILLS?!?!?!?!

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

As you gain experience you will gain skill points. Once you have accumulated enough skill points you can use them to train for whatever skill you wish to obtain. There is a link below your skills on your detective page that you can click and it will bring up a chart that tells you how many skills points you need in order to train for each skill at each level.

Once you have decided what skill you want to learn, then you must seek out the townie that trains in that skill. Undoubtably you have noticed some of these townies in just doing normal cases.

Good Luck

Jayson Blades
Jayson Blades

In that price,it as good as being free.And I say that even though I still have 5000$+.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help