Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Sleuth Mail Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

You've probably noticed that Sleuth Mail now has checkboxes by the individual messages for en-mass saving/deleting. Since there is a box at the top of the list to check all, I've removed the "delete all" button everybody hated so much. If you have suggestions for tweaks to how this should work, feel free to post them here.

There is a lot of detritus that needs clearing in the mail database tables, so I am planning to delete all non-saved messages that are more than three months old tomorrow. So, if you have a message in your inbox that is older than that, and you can't stnad to see it go, here is you warning to save it now.

I will plan on making old message clearing a repeating part of the daily aging script, so going forward, you have three months to save messages from your inbox before they disappear entirely.

Sleuth Strong!

Replies
Droid
Droid

I have an idea, since it's only us grumpy old detectives who have enormous mailboxes why don't we just ask Ben to delete them manually.

Ben, if you'll delete all my inbox except for the last 3 days I'll be grateful. Sent items as well if that'll help clear the backlog.

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

You can delete mine too, if it helps.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I have rolled back this change for now, so we are back to the "delete all" button, with no more checkboxes.

There seem to be a few complicating factors that kept those changes from working on some browsers if users have a lot of messages in their inboxes. I need to add paging to the mail boxes in order to handle checkboxes.

I won't be clearing out old unsaved messages until the checkboxes work, so that is on hold as well.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Good idea Admin! i cleared all, it sure does save a lot of load time.
some pages is probably a good idea. Personally i would also like it bigger, maybe longer in height.

p.s. off-topic
some of us really are waiting for the coats to work in TH's, and what about your plans of storing them?
A leader board for challenge points? just curious...

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

i do not have check marks by my messages. i use road runner lite

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

disregarde. i did have the check boxes, and just now realized they are on hold. i did not have any problems when they were there. good job ben on this game. i need to go to sleuthaholics!!!!!

Katie1223
Katie1223

Reply deleted by Moderator.

DIDI WILLIAMS
DIDI WILLIAMS

HEY I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR ONE MONTH NOW!
BUT I HAVE TROUBLE WITH FINDING OUT IF THE WEPON WAS USED TO KILL THE PERSON BUY BLUNT TRAMIA. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

HAVE YOU TRIED THE DOCTOR?????

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

lol melody

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help