Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Sleuth Mail Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

You've probably noticed that Sleuth Mail now has checkboxes by the individual messages for en-mass saving/deleting. Since there is a box at the top of the list to check all, I've removed the "delete all" button everybody hated so much. If you have suggestions for tweaks to how this should work, feel free to post them here.

There is a lot of detritus that needs clearing in the mail database tables, so I am planning to delete all non-saved messages that are more than three months old tomorrow. So, if you have a message in your inbox that is older than that, and you can't stnad to see it go, here is you warning to save it now.

I will plan on making old message clearing a repeating part of the daily aging script, so going forward, you have three months to save messages from your inbox before they disappear entirely.

Sleuth Strong!

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I'm using Firefox 3.011, didn't encounter the problem.

Dr. Edward
Dr. Edward

Hmm, I must say I have no idea. Sorry I'm not much help.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

I had no problem using Firefox 3.5 in the USA.

Thanks for the change, Ben! It makes things a whole lot more convenient!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Strange. I haven't been able to reproduce this problem on any browsers. Could those of you who are getting this error, please truy clearing your browser caches.

If the problem persists after that, please list the version of the browser you are using and your operating system.

Curiouser and curiouser

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Cleared cache...
Still have the problem with the 'delete all' function.
but also with 'save all checked'
Waiting a long time before refresh smail does not make a difference.

(Firefox3.011@Europe, on Vista and windows 7)

ms helen
ms helen

Firefox 3.011/Vista.

Funny how it only seems to be Europe that's affected :)

Azar
Azar

There is still malfunction under Firefox 3.5 (Vista and XP - two independent computers).

Under IE (+XP) it works, but I found another problem - checkboxes are refreshed every 30 seconds (more less) and after it all marked checkboxes are cleared :(

I live in Europe.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

I have about 1000 PM's in inbox i am trying to delete @ once.
Maybe it cant handle the amount.

Droid
Droid

I have an idea, since it's only us grumpy old detectives who have enormous mailboxes why don't we just ask Ben to delete them manually.

Ben, if you'll delete all my inbox except for the last 3 days I'll be grateful. Sent items as well if that'll help clear the backlog.

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

You can delete mine too, if it helps.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help