Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Sleuth Mail Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

You've probably noticed that Sleuth Mail now has checkboxes by the individual messages for en-mass saving/deleting. Since there is a box at the top of the list to check all, I've removed the "delete all" button everybody hated so much. If you have suggestions for tweaks to how this should work, feel free to post them here.

There is a lot of detritus that needs clearing in the mail database tables, so I am planning to delete all non-saved messages that are more than three months old tomorrow. So, if you have a message in your inbox that is older than that, and you can't stnad to see it go, here is you warning to save it now.

I will plan on making old message clearing a repeating part of the daily aging script, so going forward, you have three months to save messages from your inbox before they disappear entirely.

Sleuth Strong!

Replies
jen plaidy
jen plaidy

Hi,
I just deleted checked messages, but when I opened the mail box again they had all come back.

Liz Heller
Liz Heller

You know what would be nice - If there was a way to click on a person's name who sends you smail and it would take you to their detective page. That would be really convenient for seeing who the strange people are that send me smail. :)

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Has anybody else had the problem reported by Jen? I can't reproduce it. What kind of browser are you using?

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

I'm using Firefox, the mails disappear after I delete them until I open the mail box again. Perhaps it's because I'm trying to delete a lot at once?

Droid
Droid

Mine came back as well - actually I don't think they ever went.

I ticked the box that selected them all and scrolled to the bottom and said delete selected and it gave me a completely blank page, check again a few minutes later and still there.

I have a *lot* of PMs in inbox, so it's probably a case of waiting 5 minutes with the blank page open while it processes the individual deletes. I'm using IE6

Azar
Azar

I have Firefox 3.5 and I have problem too. When I try to check checkbox - Firefox is frozen and I have to restart Firefox. It is connected with relogin to Sleuth.

So - it didn't work at all.

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

Hmm, it seems as though it's us Europeans that are being affected. Server issue?

ms helen
ms helen

I gave it a try too and am having the same problem as Droid. I'm using firefox.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

I did some testing, small and big amount of inbox mails deleting is no problem by single clicking them.

Only when used the 'select all' checkbox. The result is a blank page as nothing happened.

(Firefox3.011@Europe)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I'm using Firefox 3.011, didn't encounter the problem.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help