Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Hidden Compartments

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Just when life was starting to get easier for all you hard working Sleuths...

Suspects and Victims in harder mysteries have recently taken to keeping some of their more sensitive belongings in hidden compartments and secret rooms. A smart Sleuth would be well advised to spend a little extra time when investigating crime scenes and suspect homes .

Note: Hidden Compartments only exist in "Hard" Mysteries and up.

Note 2: This update has actually been in place for several days, and it appears that VERY few Sleuths had managed to spot the hidden compartments to date... So, if you are one of those who have, congratulations!

Happy Sleuthing, and keep your eyes peeled!

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Ben, I've found the hidden compartments, but I'm still missing a sample from the suspect's house. What should I do?

weefoot
weefoot

This is going to be fun. Thanks.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

I really do not wish to spoil the fun for everyone, but I just did an AI favor for Bartender, there was no option to inspect the secret compartment & all I've found in the crime scene was just one key & nothing else.

Lucky me that the weapon matched to a fake alibi suspect, or else I would have quit the favor. Could you possibly check why there's no option to inspect the secret compartment? My agency member said her case have that option, but I've done 4 AI cases, none of them gives me that option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Joseph

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Hi Joseph, and anybody else who is having this problem.

If you find a secret compartment (any of them) and you are not given the option to inspect it, the reason is that your browser is holding onto a cached version of the flash file.

You should be able to fix the problem by clearing your browser cache:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

I'll work on a fix the server side as well to force all browsers to clear the cache, but give the article above a try if you are experiencing the issue.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

Okie dokie, I'll try an AI now, to see if it works. Is it the same with secret room?

Regards,
Joseph

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Alrighty. I put in a fix that should get around the flash baching issue some of you are reporting. Let me know if you still don't get the option to inspect a compartment when you click on one.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

oh Ben,

the secret compartment said i found a key and there's an option to take it, so i clicked "Take" but when i check my inventory, its not there.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

and it teleports me back to the 1st room.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Yep, when you leave the secret compartment screens with the "back", it jumps you back to the first room in the location, and the item does not show up in the "taken" list in that location.

However, the item does show up in your case file, and you have access to it as if you picked it up in a normal location.

I'll put those two items on my to-do list, but I don't think they're particularly high priority, as it works correctly as far as game play.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

okie dokie, I'll keep that in mind. Now I'll try another AI cases.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help