Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Single Agency Hunts

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I'm glad that challenge points have reinvigorated interest in Treasure Hunts. However, this clearing the field so that only one agency is working on a hunt at any one time takes a lot of the fun out of it!

Any ideas on how we could encourage more competitive hunts? I could make hunts start less often and last longer (more steps). I could also reduce the standing price, but getting the right balance might be tough.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

How about hiding the percentage of the hunt progress? and the winner of the hunt gets a little more than just 1 CP and even after the first agency won the TH, the other agency who joined the TH still gets a chance to complete it, let say for 3 full days, else the TH is cancel automatically, would that be better? Only the agency who's unable to complete the hunt within 3 days, then its considered a total lost and won't get any reward. So in the end, agencies only can see which other agency is participating in the TH and not the \% progress.

And of course, I'm sure everyone has encounter days where they're unable to do anything on SoM because of the slow speed, so there's no need to be so proud of that as it will only make others feel bad.

Have fun playing...as Ben is trying real hard to get this game as interesting as it could be. Later I'll post a 3D version of SoM where you, as the main character, able to walk around on the map, to actually talk to the townie... ^_^

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

I really like your idea, joseph!

Liz Heller
Liz Heller

I agree. I think Joseph's idea is a really great solution!

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Wow Joseph really awesome idea :D I like everything about it!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

And one more thing to add, let say if there's only 1 agency are in the hunt without any other agency joining in, after this agency wins the hunt, then no other agency able to join in.

So, meaning if any agency wants to join in, its better before the first agency hits 100\%, or else when the first agency has won it, then no other agency able to join it.

Also, once a new TH been created, there should be a time counter, let say stating how long this particular hunt will be available for joining, before its remove from the lists and replace with another TH.

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

I like the ideas, too.

Dr Wátson
Dr Wátson

Off topic a bit - do you still get to play four favors per day if you are unsubscribed and get fed cases to solve?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help