Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Single Agency Hunts

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I'm glad that challenge points have reinvigorated interest in Treasure Hunts. However, this clearing the field so that only one agency is working on a hunt at any one time takes a lot of the fun out of it!

Any ideas on how we could encourage more competitive hunts? I could make hunts start less often and last longer (more steps). I could also reduce the standing price, but getting the right balance might be tough.

Replies
MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Once again all good points and we are back to a stale mate.

We all seem to be split into thirds. One third wants hunts changed, one third wants hunts to stay the same and other third dosen't say anything. What do we do?

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Yeah i knew they could not be stuck.
They just needed to make 1 unfriendly move before they left, blocking the Th like that for almost a week.

But you have a point good droid. giving more challenge points to a winner of a TH can stagnate the hunts!

This not counts for a 1st and 2nd prize money.

shades666
shades666

This is to Droid & Isaac Mendez
if you want to make comments about the Darkness agency then you should get your facts straight
Droid i told you i had stopped playing SOM and was now playing Noir i also said i think the other agents in Darkness are now to busy to play i don't remember saying all of us had now started playing Noir
Isaac what are you going on about they had to make 1 unfriendly move before they left i could not of done the last favor as it was for the socialite and my standing with the socialite at the time was 0 and if the rest of the agents are to busy to log on what is so unfriendly about that ( if the last favor was for a different townie that TH would of got completed )

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

I think the term we need to keep in mind is "friendly competition".

If all hunts are blocked, and an agency wants to start a hunt, doesn't it make sense to take the hunt with lowest percentage complete? A hunt with one favor done that has been sitting for days?

I do not feel sorry for an "agency" that "just wants a challenge point" when those agency members can easily go to a Showdown to get a point. The hunts are a challenge only if enough agencies participate in the three hunts offered. If an agency wants to hunt, they will hunt.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Shades , i did not know it was that stuck and you left all,
you could have left a message on the forum.
understand it looked strange to us, and we free-ed the hunt.

Droid
Droid

"Easily go to a showdown and get a challenge point..."

That simple statement tells more about "fastest computer wins" than you would ever know. There is nothing easy about doing a showdown in 20 minutes any more than it is easy to complete an intermediate case in 20 minutes.

Droid
Droid

Fuck this for a game of soldiers, you've got 13 challenge points already although it takes us a couple of days to complete a long hunt.

Either you're real clever or you've got a fast 'puter :(

Probably the latter.

I'm not paying to subscribe to this any more.

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

It is not intended to be easy to get a lot of challenge points.
I should retract that part of my post : "one can go to a showdown for a challenge point"
As of now, these are the options to get the challenge points- hunt or showdown.
I do not make the rules, I just enjoy playing by them.
:)

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

And yes, droid, I am real clever.

Plus, I belong to an agency that happens to be very active in treasure hunts.

Droid
Droid

This game has devolved into a time trial, I'm off...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help