Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Single Agency Hunts

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I'm glad that challenge points have reinvigorated interest in Treasure Hunts. However, this clearing the field so that only one agency is working on a hunt at any one time takes a lot of the fun out of it!

Any ideas on how we could encourage more competitive hunts? I could make hunts start less often and last longer (more steps). I could also reduce the standing price, but getting the right balance might be tough.

Replies
Liz Heller
Liz Heller

Another way to encourage competition in THs would be to only award challenge points if two or more agencies competed in the TH. Of course, still reward with money and fame if only one agency does the TH.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Good point Droid but not all members would have to participate if they didn't want to and I would hope there will still be the option of doing normal hunts as they are now.

Competing against other angencies shouldn't have to always be under pressure. I personally enjoy our leisurely weekend hunts.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Yeah mercey! Normal TH's as they are now should definitely stay.
Perhaps with some adjustments...

I'm just suggesting Mini TH's as an extra and could be started anytime you want, there does not have to be 1 available for it.
If you start at the same time it's a race and makes it a timed event.

So perhaps forget about a mini TH and just make it a Agency vs agency showdown which also is a timed event.

This does not solve the question from Ben For making TH's more competitive, ill get back on that later.

Droid
Droid

I wonder if an agency Vs agency showdown could have more than one agent working on the same case, so if Mercey finds a yellow note the character appears next time I look in my case file and if I accuse her case is solved as well?

Azar
Azar

Feature You describe is implementes in Noir as League and it is very good thing :)

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I like that! But that too makes it a time thing or race thing if you will but it takes some of the pressure off just one agent. Sounds like there is a good solution in there somewhere just a matter of sorting it out.

Isaac is right, we have not really addressed Ben's question. Sorry, I got us off track. I haven't given that question much thought. Will think about it now though.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Wow, that would be cool Driod!
Realtime Multiplayer Agency Showdown

Now...the case of the unchallenged treasure hunts.
hmmm...thinks..

Droid
Droid

I don't see what the problem is with unchallenged treasure hunts, we pay points to do then (and gain a single challenge point for 2 or 3 days work) by being hammered 10 standing points per step which seems reasonable.

I think timed showdown races should be modified a little bit vis: if the tab key is pressed in a showdown a big picture of a roaring lion is displayed and the BRAA-BRA-BRA sound is turned on.

Captain Scarlett
Captain Scarlett

Yah, I agree. Disable the tab key if you want a fair competition.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Liz Heller May-28-2009 06:37

Another way to encourage competition in THs would be to only award challenge points if two or more agencies competed in the TH. Of course, still reward with money and fame if only one agency does the TH.

@Liz:
This would make players join more showdown and leave treasure hunting aside, because doing showdown does not take 10 points of every favors & TH-starter contributed.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help