Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Single Agency Hunts

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I'm glad that challenge points have reinvigorated interest in Treasure Hunts. However, this clearing the field so that only one agency is working on a hunt at any one time takes a lot of the fun out of it!

Any ideas on how we could encourage more competitive hunts? I could make hunts start less often and last longer (more steps). I could also reduce the standing price, but getting the right balance might be tough.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Ohh Ben, I didn't noticed that agencies only able to do one hunt at a time. Hmm, in that case, it really depends on which faction bosses that the agencies have.

I would like to admit that ZO doesn't have Bishop TH-Starter, but soon me & my members will think about it.

As for improvement on TH, I think all the townies shown on the townie lists should be added into the TH favor needed, except for Fixer. As for Pawn Broker, it only takes a matter of time for players to get it once its available. Whether or not players have unlocked them, that's not important, as team-work, only those with a certain townie takes concern on which townie they could offer for the TH.

But as for Case Giver, I really think they (Reporter, Desk Sergeant & Morgue Assistant) should be removed from the lists, as many players including myself would like to get maximum favors offered, assuming if I become one of the TH-Starter, I definitely won't be able to get 3 favors offered by the other 2 bosses, so there's 2 options gone, not to mention that we might not get the right favor needed, assuming we've unlocked Facilitator, Janitor, Locksmith, Stylist, Pawn Broker.

So I definitely suggest that the above 5 townies should replace the 3 case givers.

That's just my opinion.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I like Joseph's idea. Taking away case givers and adding in useless (sorry should say occasionally used) townies would be quite good. Yes not everyone has opened all the contacts but then again, not everyone has all the bosses or minions.

Now on the note of more competitive hunts. All points made above are true but, I think also there is a little respect issue there as well. Obviously I can not speak for all other agencies but I would like to think that one would not wait to jump on another. At least that is how it has been. Making hunts start less often would just add another time constraint on everyone. Hehe got enough of those lately.

I think that we should be able to openly challenge another agency to a hunt or mini hunt. All rules and times known ahead of time. That way all parties are agreeing to a standoff. No harm no foul. Just friendly competition.

And that's just my opinion.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Wow! Mini hunt, that's sound awesome. Could you elaborate more on your idea about it?

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

I like the idea of agencies going head to head, like a showdown for the whole agency!

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

I already had this idea of a Mini TH before in another topic in the form of an:
Agency vs Agency showdown (3 to 5 cases)

All members join the lobby and the same cases ,
the best out of 3 wins a treasure!

But with regular TH, i like the idea of challenging one agency openly.

Say i am online with some members, then we send a message to the director of another agency.
'Mini TH starts in 1 hour please accept or reject this challenge.'
Who finishes the total (small) amount of cases 1st wins the treasure.

i have more idea's on stimulating TH competition, but i will write them later.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Sorry Isaac it was exactly your earlier post I was thinking of when I posted above. I was concentrating more on the fact of not reducing the amount of hunts offered and not opening hunts up to possible conflicts.

The time facter will always be a challenge as not all members can always be on at same time however, if we use Isaac's idea of maybe 3 cases to a hunt then quite possibly you would not need entire agency.

Thanks Isaac for adding but one more thing to make SoM fun again.

Droid
Droid

Mini hunts sound too much like a timed thing again.

Liz Heller
Liz Heller

Another way to encourage competition in THs would be to only award challenge points if two or more agencies competed in the TH. Of course, still reward with money and fame if only one agency does the TH.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Good point Droid but not all members would have to participate if they didn't want to and I would hope there will still be the option of doing normal hunts as they are now.

Competing against other angencies shouldn't have to always be under pressure. I personally enjoy our leisurely weekend hunts.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Yeah mercey! Normal TH's as they are now should definitely stay.
Perhaps with some adjustments...

I'm just suggesting Mini TH's as an extra and could be started anytime you want, there does not have to be 1 available for it.
If you start at the same time it's a race and makes it a timed event.

So perhaps forget about a mini TH and just make it a Agency vs agency showdown which also is a timed event.

This does not solve the question from Ben For making TH's more competitive, ill get back on that later.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help